- 1 hr ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: Bajaj Auto Registers 12% Yearly Growth
- 13 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 17 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- News A H Vishwanath's disqualification continues till May 2021: Karnataka HC
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 30 Highlights: Eijaz Khan Becomes The First Finalist
- Sports Babar Azam is dreaming of day when other batsmen are compared to him
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Clears BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance Cement Shares Hit 52-Week Highs; Cement Spread To Remain Strong Between Oct-March
- Lifestyle World AIDS Day: Common HIV Symptoms In Women You Shouldn’t Ignore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Mahindra will be launching a new-generation model of its popular XUV500 SUV in the Indian market sometime next year. The new XUV500 will feature a host of upgrades inside and out over the current-gen SUV model.
Ahead of its launch, the new-generation XUV500 has been spied testing several times in the country. Latest spy video from SP Auto Tech reveals the interiors, new features and the engine of the new SUV.
Staring with the interiors, although most of the cabin is camouflaged, it reveals the new horizontally stacked touchscreen infotainment display along with instrument cluster of the new XUV500. A similar setup can be seen on high-end cars such as Mercedes-Benz.
It also reveals the multifunction flat-bottom setting with mounted controls on either side. The control could be reserved to access certain features in the infotainment system and instrument cluster respectively. It will also feature buttons for telephonic operations such as to receive and end calls; among others.
Moving to the central console, we also noticed a climate control system that has received a complete redesign. It now features a more traditional design of having two dials on either side with a host of buttons in the middle. The button clustered console design on the current-gen has been removed.
Other features on the centre console include a rotatory dial, electronic parking brake and one next to it could be an engine start/stop button with a flag symbol on it. The rotary dial is speculated to be a driving mode selector, however, the symbol on it represents a music icon and a phone icon.
This could be that the dial could be a second physical interface to the touchscreen infotainment display. The upcoming SUV is also expected to be offered with a Level 1 Autonomous technology with (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assisted System.
The exterior design of 2021 XUV500 will retain its Cheetah-inspired silhouette the gives the SUV an aggressive stance. However, the bonnet of the SUV is expected to undergo slight design revision and is expected to feature more bold design to enhance the SUV's front-end look.
Speaking about the powertrain, the reports suggest that the 2021 XUV500 will continue to feature its 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. It now produces 152bhp and 360Nm of torque and comes mated to either a six-speed or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The 2021 SUV could also be offered with a new turbo-petrol engine. It could be the same 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion unit that will power the upcoming 2020 Thar, albeit in a different state of tune. The petrol unit on the Thar produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque and is offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
Thoughts About The 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Interiors, Features & Engine Revealed
The next-generation Mahindra XUV500 will feature a major update inside the cabin with an all-new layout and added features. The current-gen SUV's interior feature an ageing design and is need of a major overhaul.