- 50 min ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 16 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 18 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Tecno Pova Review: Impressive Baterry At An Affordable Price
- Movies Padma Awards 2021: Late SP Balasubrahmanyam, Shinzo Abe And Others To Be Recipient Of The Prestigious Award
- Sports LeBron James makes NBA history, Nets' Durant joins exclusive club and Doncic matches MJ
- News In Pics: India displays military might, cultural heritage on Republic Day
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
The outgoing model of the Mahindra XUV500 will be receiving a substantial upgrade from the company in the form of a next-generation model. The new-gen Mahindra XUV500 is expected to arrive at the Indian market sometime next year. Ahead of its launch, the next-gen SUV model has been spied several times revealing some of its key details and features.
According to the latest spy images from TeamBHP, the upcoming 2021 Mahindra XUV500 will be featuring a fully-digital instrument cluster with a TFT colour display. It will replace the semi-digital unit available on the outgoing model of the SUV.
Although the spy images do not completely reveal the new instrument cluster, we could notice the fully digital display. It seems to be displaying the speedometer and the tachometer at either end of the screen with an image of the SUV in the middle for additional information.
Other information readouts that are expected on the instrument cluster include, a (TPMS) Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, fuel gauge along with instantaneous and average fuel economy, engine temperate, and possibly a blind spot monitoring; among others.
Other spy images released earlier showcased the new dashboard layout of the 2021 XUV500 SUV. It revealed a new horizontally stacked touchscreen infotainment display along with instrument cluster of the new XUV500. A similar setup can be seen on high-end cars such as Mercedes-Benz.
The central console on the 2021 Mahindra XUV500 will also undergo a complete design revision. Starting with a newly designed climate control system that features a more traditional design of having two dials on either side with a couple of buttons in the middle. The button clustered console design on the outgoing model has been removed.
Other features on the centre console include a rotatory dial, electronic parking brake and an engine start/stop button. The rotary dial is speculated to be a driving mode selector, however, the symbol on it represents a music icon and a phone icon, which could be a secondary medium to control the touchscreen infotainment display.
Exteriors of the SUV is also expected to undergo a few design revisions. However, the company is expected to retain the XUV500's Cheetah inspired design on the new-gen model as well. The upcoming SUV is also expected to be offered with a Level 1 Autonomous technology with (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assisted System.
Speaking about the powertrain, the reports suggest that the 2021 XUV500 will continue to feature its 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. It now produces 152bhp and 360Nm of torque and comes mated to either a six-speed or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The 2021 SUV could also be offered with a new turbo-petrol engine. It could be the same 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion unit that will power the upcoming 2020 Thar, albeit in a different state of tune. The petrol unit on the Thar produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque and is offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
Thoughts About The 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Digital Instrument Cluster Display Spied
The next-generation Mahindra XUV500 is expected to be loaded with new technology and features inside and out. The SUV also features the much-needed interior update, with an all-new design and layout. The Mahindra XUV500 will rival the MG Hector Plus and the upcoming Tata Gravitas; among others in the Indian market.