- 1 min ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 22.30 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Jawa Motorcycles Said To Be Working On Electric Bikes For India: Unveil Expected Only By 2021
- 17 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- Lifestyle 8 Lip Products That Every Woman Must-Have In Her Make-up Bag
- Movies Indian Idol All Set To Return With Season 12; To Have Virtual Auditions Due To COVID-19
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Now Richer Than Elon Musk, Google Founders
- Technology Beware Of TikTok Pro Malware Circulating On WhatsApp
- Sports Ben Stokes took cigarette break to calm nerves ahead of World Cup final Super Over
- News Coronavirus: Arvind Kejriwal launches second plasma bank for COVID-19 patients in Delhi
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Mahindra is said to have restarted testing their upcoming models once again in the country. The company has a number of products lineup up for launch in the Indian market, including the next-generation XUV500 SUV.
The next-generation Mahindra XUV500 SUV was recently caught undergoing testing in Chennai. The upcoming SUV was caught in a video released by Rushlane completely camouflaged. The video showcases the rear of the test mule, with near-production body panels and a temporary set of tail lights.
The new-generation Mahindra XUV500 was initially expected to go on sale at the 2020 Auto Expo, held in February. However, this didn't happen and the SUV is now expected to be unveiled by the year-end with a possible launch in early-2021.
Once introduced in the Indian market, the second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will come with an all-new monocoque platform. The 2021 Mahindra XUV500 will also feature a host of updates and added features, along with significant changes to its design and styling as well.
The upcoming Mahindra XUV500 is also expected to feature a brand new diesel unit. This is expected to come in the form of a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine which will be more powerful than the current 2.2-litre unit, which it will replace.
Reports also suggest that Mahindra is working on introducing a brand-new 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on the 2021 XUV500 as well. Both engines will come mated to manual and automatic transmission options. Higher variants of the next-gen XUV500 will also come with an AWD (All-Wheel Drive) system as well.
The Mahindra XUV500 was first launched back in 2011 and was a popular offering in the SUV segment. The XUV500 had little to no competition in the Indian market, however, over time multiple new models were introduced. Mahindra did update the XUV500 multiple times over the years, however, the SUV did lose out on sales to its more modern rivals.
Thoughts On The Next-Generation Mahindra XUV500 Spy Video
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will bring with it a host of features and modern technology, giving it a better chance to take on its rivals in the segment. This includes the Hyundai Tucson, MG Hector Plus and Tata Gravitas.