- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 3 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- Movies Ajay Bhupathi Files Cyber Crime Case Against Fraudster For Using His Name To Dupe Aspiring Actresses
- News Let us code for Aatmanirbhar Bharat, PM Modi says in push for home grown apps
- Sports Aavishkar Salvi named head coach of Puducherry cricket team
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Mahindra is said to have restarted testing their upcoming models once again in the country. The company has a number of products lineup up for launch in the Indian market, including the next-generation XUV500 SUV.
The next-generation Mahindra XUV500 SUV was recently caught undergoing testing in Chennai. The upcoming SUV was caught in a video released by Rushlane completely camouflaged. The video showcases the rear of the test mule, with near-production body panels and a temporary set of tail lights.
The new-generation Mahindra XUV500 was initially expected to go on sale at the 2020 Auto Expo, held in February. However, this didn't happen and the SUV is now expected to be unveiled by the year-end with a possible launch in early-2021.
Once introduced in the Indian market, the second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will come with an all-new monocoque platform. The 2021 Mahindra XUV500 will also feature a host of updates and added features, along with significant changes to its design and styling as well.
The upcoming Mahindra XUV500 is also expected to feature a brand new diesel unit. This is expected to come in the form of a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine which will be more powerful than the current 2.2-litre unit, which it will replace.
Reports also suggest that Mahindra is working on introducing a brand-new 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on the 2021 XUV500 as well. Both engines will come mated to manual and automatic transmission options. Higher variants of the next-gen XUV500 will also come with an AWD (All-Wheel Drive) system as well.
The Mahindra XUV500 was first launched back in 2011 and was a popular offering in the SUV segment. The XUV500 had little to no competition in the Indian market, however, over time multiple new models were introduced. Mahindra did update the XUV500 multiple times over the years, however, the SUV did lose out on sales to its more modern rivals.
Thoughts On The Next-Generation Mahindra XUV500 Spy Video
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will bring with it a host of features and modern technology, giving it a better chance to take on its rivals in the segment. This includes the Hyundai Tucson, MG Hector Plus and Tata Gravitas.