- 14 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 15 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 17 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 21 hrs ago New Tata Safari Arrives At Dealer Yard Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- News Day 10 of India’s 10 COVID-19 vaccine drive: 3,34,679 beneficiaries vaccinated
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Sports India vs England 2021: Ben Stokes arrives, begins quarantine
- Movies Republic Day EXCLUSIVE! Sharad Malhotra To Adaa Khan; TV Celebs On The Changes They Want To See In India
- Technology What Is Digital Monopoly And Why It Is Bad For Consumers?
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Mahindra & Mahindra launched their all-new Thar SUV in the Indian market in early-October 2020. The all-new second-generation iteration of the iconic off-roader has gotten off to an excellent start in the Indian market.
Mahindra also recently announced that the Thar has already registered over 20,000 bookings within the first month of its launch. Now in a recent interview with carandbike, Dr Pawan Goenka, MD, Mahindra confirmed that the off-roader SUV has been booked out till May 2021.
Dr Goenka stated that the company has already increased production capacity by 50 per cent more than what it had initially planned. However, due to the production constraints, customers will have to wait for their Thar.
Although, he did assure the company is working on increasing the production capacity as much as possible, to help reduce the rising waiting period for their customers.
Mahindra started deliveries of the Thar in November 2020 and will continue to take place as the bookings sequence. The company also announced the delivery of a 1000 units of the Thar on the occasion of Diwali.
To add to the success of the new Mahindra Thar in the Indian market, the SUV recently underwent the Global NCAP crash tests, where it secured an impressive 4-star rating for both adult and child occupant protection.
The Mahindra Thar underwent a number of tests such as frontal-offset at 64km/h, side-impact and ESC tests, all conducted by Global NCAP to become the best-selling off-roader in the country. The Mahindra Thar now also offers the best child protection compared to any other car in India, a record previously held by its sibling, the XUV300 — watch the Global NCAP Crash test video here.
Reiterating the specs of the new Mahindra Thar, the SUV comes powered by a choice of two engines: a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.2-litre diesel unit. Both of them come mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission unit.
The New Mahindra Thar Waiting Period
The New Mahindra Thar has gotten off to a flying start in the Indian market. While the brand is working on increasing production capacity, it looks like customers will have to patiently wait it out for a while, before taking delivery of their Thar. The already iconic SUV could face further demand now with the impressive NCAP safety ratings as well.