- 58 min ago Ford India Halts Production Due To Semiconductor Shortage: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Honda Grazia 125 Sports Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 82,564
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Moto Guzzi V85 TT Globally Revealed: Features Slight Improvements & Updated Electronics
- 2 hrs ago New Lexus LS500 Nishijin Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.22 Crore
- Technology Oppo Enco X TWS Earbuds Launched In India: Sale Starts January 22
- News Terror module that received arms dropped off by Pakistan drones busted
- Movies Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2: Makers Postpone Filming Once Again To Retain Tabu
- Lifestyle Bhumi Pednekar Stuns Us With Her Retro And Contemporary Pants Style; Pick Your Favourite Look
- Finance Doorstep Banking Services From Nationalised Banks: How To Register?
- Education IIFT MBA Admit Card 2021 Released At iift.nta.nic.in
- Sports Sindhu and Saina look for better show after listless display in first event of Asia leg
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Mahindra & Mahindra launched their all-new Thar SUV in the Indian market in early-October 2020. The all-new second-generation iteration of the iconic off-roader has gotten off to an excellent start in the Indian market.
Mahindra also recently announced that the Thar has already registered over 20,000 bookings within the first month of its launch. Now in a recent interview with carandbike, Dr Pawan Goenka, MD, Mahindra confirmed that the off-roader SUV has been booked out till May 2021.
Dr Goenka stated that the company has already increased production capacity by 50 per cent more than what it had initially planned. However, due to the production constraints, customers will have to wait for their Thar.
Although, he did assure the company is working on increasing the production capacity as much as possible, to help reduce the rising waiting period for their customers.
Mahindra started deliveries of the Thar in November 2020 and will continue to take place as the bookings sequence. The company also announced the delivery of a 1000 units of the Thar on the occasion of Diwali.
To add to the success of the new Mahindra Thar in the Indian market, the SUV recently underwent the Global NCAP crash tests, where it secured an impressive 4-star rating for both adult and child occupant protection.
The Mahindra Thar underwent a number of tests such as frontal-offset at 64km/h, side-impact and ESC tests, all conducted by Global NCAP to become the best-selling off-roader in the country. The Mahindra Thar now also offers the best child protection compared to any other car in India, a record previously held by its sibling, the XUV300 — watch the Global NCAP Crash test video here.
Reiterating the specs of the new Mahindra Thar, the SUV comes powered by a choice of two engines: a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.2-litre diesel unit. Both of them come mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission unit.
The New Mahindra Thar Waiting Period
The New Mahindra Thar has gotten off to a flying start in the Indian market. While the brand is working on increasing production capacity, it looks like customers will have to patiently wait it out for a while, before taking delivery of their Thar. The already iconic SUV could face further demand now with the impressive NCAP safety ratings as well.