- 7 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: All The Two-Wheeler Highlights From The Week Passed By!
- 24 hrs ago KTM 250 Adventure Vs 390 Adventure: Which Of The Siblings Should You Consider?
- 1 day ago MoRTH: Only BIS-Certified Helmets (With ISI Mark) To Be Sold In India From 1st Of June 2021
- 1 day ago Ather 450 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Also Introduces Pre-Owned Vehicle Sales Program
- Sports India vs Australia, 2nd ODI: David Warner suffers injury, taken to hospital for scans
- News People angry with TRS, AIMIM 'alliance'; Hyderabad will elect BJP Mayor, claims Shah
- Finance Burger King IPO: Should You Invest?
- Technology Last Lunar Eclipse Of 2020: How To Watch November Lunar Eclipse
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga’s Exotic Make-Up Look Marked By Three Eye Shadow Colours Is Striking!
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4: Jabardasth Avinash To Bid Goodbye To Nagarjuna Akkineni’s Show?
- Education MHT CET Topper 2020: Explore Topper Of MHT CET 2020 PCB And PCM
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In December
The 2020 Mahindra Thar was recently unveiled to the world. The offroader has been well-received because of its new design, features, performance and technology. The company will be launching the 2020 Thar on October 2, 2020.
Ahead of its launch, an image circulating on WhatsApp reveals the prices of the new Thar ahead of the official announcement next month. According to the image, prices for the AX variant starts at Rs 9.75 lakh, while the top-spec LX petrol-automatic variant costs Rs 12.49 lakh.
The image also reveals that dealerships will start accepting bookings from September 20, 2020, and the deliveries will start by the second week of October. The prices are yet to be officially confirmed by the company.
Comparing the new SUV to the previous model, the 2020 Thar has come leaps and bounce on all factors that were considered basic in the previous-gen models. Be it the exterior design, interior design and features, all of them are in tune with the current times and latest technologies.
The highlight of the new-gen SUV has to be its updated powertrain options. This includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. Additionally, all models are offered with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system as standard.
The updated SUV features revised front fascia with a new grille, headlamps, scuff plates on the front bumper, new 18-inch wheels and new taillights. For the first time, the company is also providing the offroader with a factory-fitted hard-top.
On the inside, the SUV now comes packed with features and equipment. This includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that support Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, manual shift-on-the-fly 4x4 transfer case, semi-digital instrument cluster, and roof-mounted speakers; among others.
The company is also offering the new Thar also comes with various seating configurations. This includes either four front-facing seats or two front and four side-facing seats, depending on the variant.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Prices Leaked Ahead Of Launch
The 2020 Mahindra Thar certainly has come a long way from its previous-gen models. The new-gen SUV offers better space, premium interiors, new powertrain options and fresh design. If the leaked prices are true, we expect the 2020 Thar to register impressive sales numbers for the brand.