- 1 min ago Mahindra eKUV100 Launch Timeline Officially Revealed: Three New Vehicles In Pipeline
- 10 min ago Harley-Davidson ‘Serial 1’ e-Bicycle Unveiled: Inspired By Brand’s First-Ever Motorcycle From 1903
- 43 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 1 hr ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- Lifestyle Shiitake Mushrooms: Nutrition, Health Benefits And Ways To Eat
- Technology Twitter Launches 'Topics' Feature For Indian Users: How To Find Topics On Twitter?
- Movies Mrunal Thakur Says She Used To Cut Shahid Kapoor's Pictures And Get Scolded By Her Parents
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK vs KKR, Match 49 updates: Kolkata Knight Riders face Chennai Super Kings
- Finance Cabinet Hikes Ethanol Prices, To Benefit Sugarcane Farmers, Sugar Stocks
- News France: Knife-wielding man shot dead after attacking police in Avignon
- Education TNAU Rank List 2020: Check Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Rank List 2020 At tnau.ac.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
Mahindra will be launching the new Thar on October 2, 2020, in India. The company will be announcing the prices and begin to accept bookings for the updated offroader on the same day. The company recently launched a teaser video confirming the news.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar has received a whole host of updates from the company and now becomes an urban-SUV as well. It features a new exterior design with a larger footprint along with heavily updated interiors.
The highlight of the new-gen SUV has to be its updated powertrain options. This includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. Additionally, all models are offered with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system as standard.
The updated Mahindra Thar off-road SUV will be available in two variants: AX and LX. The AX variant will cater to those hardcore off-road enthusiasts with very less electronics assistance. While the top-spec LX variants will come with an updated electronics package catering to a general audience in the market.
The updated SUV features revised front fascia with a new grille, headlamps, scuff plates on the front bumper, new 18-inch wheels and new taillights. For the first time, the company is also providing the offroader with a factory-fitted hard-top.
On the inside, the SUV now comes packed with features and equipment. This includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, manual shift-on-the-fly 4x4 transfer case, semi-digital instrument cluster, and roof-mounted speakers; among others.
The company is also offering the new Thar also comes with various seating configurations. This includes either four front-facing seats or two front and four side-facing seats, depending on the variant.
In related news, the company has now announced that the first example of the off-road SUV will be put for auction. The first SUV will be sold to the highest bidder in the country. Mahindra will then match the bid amount and donate it to various relief funds that are helping the country recover during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic — here are all details.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed
The Mahindra Thar has always been a simple and versatile off-road SUV offering maximum value for money. With all the new updates, it is expected to receive a premium over its previous-gen model. Whether it will continue to offer the same value for money despite the updates remains to be seen.