- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Movies Trance Box Office Day 1 Kerala Collections: The Biggest Opener Of 2020 So Far!
- Technology How To Get 168GB Data From BSNL
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- News AAP threatens to cut power supply to Punjab CM Amarinder Singh's residence
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Land Rover India has launched its new (2020) Discovery Sport in the market. The new Land Rover Discovery Sport is offered with a starting price of Rs 57.06 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new 2020 Discovery Sport now comes with a number of new features and equipment, while still retaining the similar silhouette from the previous generations.
The new Land Rover Discovery Sport now comes with a brand-new platform, called Premium Transverse Architecture (PTA). The new platform has been carried over from the recently introduced Evoque offering from the brand.
With the Discovery Sport now underpinned by a new platform, there is a very minor change in its dimensions as well. The 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport is now taller by 3mm and 7mm shorter in length.
Other exterior differences between the old SUV and the new Discovery Sport are the new set of LED headlamps with redesigned LED DRLs, new LED taillights and re-worked front and rear bumpers.
Moving inside, the new Land Rover Discovery Sport now features a fully-digital instrument cluster, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility and another screen for the climate controls.
The new (2020) Discovery Sport new also comes with a brand-new steering wheel, with feature-touch mounted controls, wireless charging, 4G Wifi-hotspot, massaging functions on the front seats, powered tailgate, adaptive cruise control, lane-keep and warning assist, JLR's ClearSight GroundView Camera and a host of others.
The 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport is offered in two variants: S and R-Dynamic SE. Both variants are offered with a choice of petrol and diesel engines; both of which are compliant with the latest BS6 emission regulations.
This includes a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 177bhp and 430Nm of peak torque. The petrol unit, on the other hand, comes in the form of again, a 2.0-litre unit producing 245bhp and 365Nm of peak torque. Both engines are JLR's Ingenium units and come mated to a standard nine-speed automatic transmission unit.
Land Rover will offer the new Discovery Sport in a range of six colour options: Fuji White, Firenze Red, Santorini Black, Eiger Grey, Byron Blue and Portofino Blue.
Thoughts On The 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport India Launch
The Land Rover Discovery Sport is a luxurious alternative to the Germans in the Indian premium SUV segment. The British brand is known for combining luxury and driving capabilities in their products. The 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport in India continues to rival the likes of the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and the Mercedes-Benz GLC.