- 17 hrs ago Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Models To Launch In India On 5 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 17 hrs ago New (2020) Land Rover Defender Launched In India At Rs 69.99 Lakh: Bookings Now Open
- 19 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 79.50 Lakh
- 21 hrs ago Revolt Intellicorp To Expand Presence In India: Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Mumbai On List
- News IBPS RRB Office Assistant and Officer Scale provisional list 2020 released
- Finance Stocks To Watch Out For On February 27, 2020
- Technology Flipkart Sale And Discount Offers: Top Deals On Best Selling Laptops In India
- Movies Thappad Movie Review: Taapsee Pannu's Film Echoes Loud And Makes A Powerful Statement
- Sports AFC Cup 2020: Bengaluru FC bow out on penalties in playoff round
- Lifestyle 22 Foods Rich In Sodium And Alternative Healthier Options
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Kia Motor India has been working on introducing a new compact-SUV in the Indian market for quite a while now. Now, the company has confirmed that the concept version of the brand's new compact-SUV will be unveiled at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
Ahead of its unveiling at the 2020 Auto Expo, the new Kia compact-SUV design sketches have been released by the brand. The design sketches give us a first glimpse of the upcoming compact-SUV currently being worked on by the South Korean car manufacturer.
As seen from the design sketches, the new Kia compact-SUV sporty appearance. The front-end features the brand's signature tiger-nose grille, flanked by its LED headlamps on either side. The headlamp unit also comes with an integrated LED DRLs. The front bumper features sporty and angular cuts and creases and also houses the fog lamps and a skid plate.
The side and rear profile also carry forward the sporty theme with extended wheel arches, housing stylish alloy wheels. The side profile can also be seen with red accents, running along the lower part of the doors, similar to that on the GT-line of the Seltos. The rear profile comes with sleek LED taillights, with an LED strip running across the width of the boot lid.
While the compact-SUV will be showcased in its concept form at the 2020 Auto Expo, the new model has already been spied testing in India on multiple occasions. Codenamed, the QYI, the compact-SUV from Kia Motors India could most-likely be based on the Hyundai Venue SUV and might even share components.
Engine-wise, we can expect the new Kia compact-SUV to feature the same 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine from the Hyundai Venue. Although exact power and torque figures will be unveiled at a later stage.
Kia Motors at the time of its entry to the Indian market announced that they are planning to introduce a new model every six months. While the first model, the Seltos became a huge success in the Indian market, their second product the Carnival MPV is a more premium offering.
The new compact-SUV could be the South Korean brand's third product in the country, however, there is no official information at this time. Kia is currently busy working on launching the Carnival MPV in the Indian market, which is expected to go on sale soon.
Thoughts On The New Kia Compact-SUV For India
Kia Motors India hit the jackpot with their Seltos SUV in the Indian market, when it launched in August 2019. The company is now looking to build on the success in the SUV segment, with a more affordable compact-SUV offering. Although launch details of the new model are yet unknown, it will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza once on sale in the market.