- 11 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 13 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Week 9, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Redmi K40 Pro+, Realme Narzo 30A And More
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Jeep India is all set to introduce its new Compass facelift SUV in the country in the coming weeks. The company recently confirmed that the new Compass facelift will be unveiled in India on the 7th of January 2021.
Ahead of its India debut, the first official teaser of the 2021 Jeep Compass facelift SUV has been released on the brand's website. The teaser image of the upcoming Jeep Compass facelift showcases the SUV in a new green paint scheme.
Apart from the new colour option, the facelift version is also expected to feature a number of exteriors and interior updates.
Talking about the updates, the new Jeep Compass facelift now comes with an updated seven-slat grille with chrome inserts, the SUV also features sleeker-looking LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, updated front and rear bumpers and a revised LED tail light cluster.
The main updates, however, are on the interiors with the Compass facelift now sporting a large 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It features Jeep's UConnect5 technology as well.
Other highlights on the Compass facelift SUV also include a new steering wheel with mounted controls, digital instrument cluster, dual-zone climate control, wireless charging, cruise control, panoramic sunroof, ventilated front seats, 360-degree camera and a bunch of others as well.
Mechanically, the new Jeep Compass facelift will carry forward the same petrol and diesel engine options as the current model. This includes a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 163bhp and 250Nm of peak torque, paired with a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic.
There is also a 2.0-litre diesel unit producing 172bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. This is mated to either a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic gearbox.
The 2021 Jeep Compass facelift was first unveiled at the Guangzhou International Motor Show. While Jeep has confirmed the India debut of the new Compass facelift on the 7th of January, official bookings are yet to begin.
However, as per our earlier reports, certain dealers have started accepting unofficial bookings, with a rumoured India launch on the 23rd of January. Once introduced in India, the new Jeep Compass facelift will continue to rival the likes of the Tata Harrier, Volkswagen T-Roc, MG Hector, Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta; among others.
Thoughts On the New (2021) Jeep Compass Facelift SUV
The new Jeep Compass facelift is expected to come priced at a slight premium compared to its outgoing model. However, the SUV will be better equipped to take on its rivals in the segment.