- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 22 hrs ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 24 hrs ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- 1 day ago BMW iX SUV Launch Set For Dec 13 — Here's Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Pranali Rathod Talks About Her Bond With Harshad; Says They Have Fun On Sets
- Sports Angela Lee expects an ‘extremely hard battle’ between Stamp Fairtex and Ritu Phogat
- Education MAT PBT Admit Card 2021 Released By AIMA At mat.aima.in, Here’s How To Download
- Technology Instagram Tips: How To Create Custom Sticker & Upload Multiple Photos On Instagram
- News Parliament roundup: On day 3, From ‘no record of farmers’ death to dip in terror attacks in J&K since 2018
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
- Lifestyle Chhorii Promotions: Nushrratt Bharuccha Looks Stunning In Her Indigo-Blue And Ivory Outfits
Jeep has been working on introducing a new seven-seater version of its popular Compass SUV in the Indian market for quite a while now. The new Jeep Compass seven-seater is said to go on sale sometime in 2021 and will feature a number of changes and updates over its standard five-seater sibling.
Now, Overdrive has released spy pics of the upcoming seven-seater Compass SUV. The images reveal a heavily camouflaged Jeep Compass 7-seater undergoing testing on Indian streets.
As seen from the new set of spy pics, the rear part of the 7-seater Compass test mule seems to have been heavily reworked. The rear part now comes with a new set of wheel arches, more exaggerated than on the standard SUV.
The 7-seater version also now comes with a new D-pillar and a rear quarter glass as well. Jeep could also slightly rework the rear profile of the SUV, to better match the increased dimensions and the overall look of the extended 7-seater version.
The front of the test mule has been heavily camouflaged, which could indicate a significant update to the front end. This could mean that the 7-seater Jeep Compass could feature a new set of LED headlamps, front grille, bumper and bonnet design.
In terms of dimensions, we do expect the wheelbase of the seven-seater Compass SUV to be slightly increased as well. This will help improve space for the third-row seating. However, these details are yet to be officially confirmed.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Jeep Compass 7-seater is expected to carry forward the same 2.0-litre diesel engine. It produces 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic transmission.
For the petrol-powered SUV, reports suggest that the company could be considering introducing the brand's international-spec 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine. This unit produces 130bhp when mated to a six-speed manual and churns out 150bhp when offered with a seven-speed DCT automatic.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Seven-Seater SUV Spy Pics
The Jeep Compass seven-seater SUV will be the next product from the American brand in the country. Once launched in India, the new 7-seater Compass SUV will take on the likes of the Skoda Kodiaq, Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace, Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour; to name a few.