- 56 min ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 3 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- News Comments by Trudeau on farmer protests will damage ties says MEA after summoning high commissioner
- Sports Asia Cup 2021: Sri Lanka to host the tournament next year, Pakistan in 2022
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan To Star Opposite Pooja Hegde In Hanu Raghavapudi’s Period Film?
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Flaunts Style In Her Deconstructed Jumpsuit; You’ll Be Surprised To Know The Price!
- Finance How To Transfer Funds From EPF To NPS Tier-1 Account?
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Jeep has been working on introducing a new seven-seater version of its popular Compass SUV in the Indian market for quite a while now. The new Jeep Compass seven-seater is said to go on sale sometime in 2021 and will feature a number of changes and updates over its standard five-seater sibling.
Now, Overdrive has released spy pics of the upcoming seven-seater Compass SUV. The images reveal a heavily camouflaged Jeep Compass 7-seater undergoing testing on Indian streets.
As seen from the new set of spy pics, the rear part of the 7-seater Compass test mule seems to have been heavily reworked. The rear part now comes with a new set of wheel arches, more exaggerated than on the standard SUV.
The 7-seater version also now comes with a new D-pillar and a rear quarter glass as well. Jeep could also slightly rework the rear profile of the SUV, to better match the increased dimensions and the overall look of the extended 7-seater version.
The front of the test mule has been heavily camouflaged, which could indicate a significant update to the front end. This could mean that the 7-seater Jeep Compass could feature a new set of LED headlamps, front grille, bumper and bonnet design.
In terms of dimensions, we do expect the wheelbase of the seven-seater Compass SUV to be slightly increased as well. This will help improve space for the third-row seating. However, these details are yet to be officially confirmed.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Jeep Compass 7-seater is expected to carry forward the same 2.0-litre diesel engine. It produces 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a nine-speed automatic transmission.
For the petrol-powered SUV, reports suggest that the company could be considering introducing the brand's international-spec 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine. This unit produces 130bhp when mated to a six-speed manual and churns out 150bhp when offered with a seven-speed DCT automatic.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Seven-Seater SUV Spy Pics
The Jeep Compass seven-seater SUV will be the next product from the American brand in the country. Once launched in India, the new 7-seater Compass SUV will take on the likes of the Skoda Kodiaq, Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace, Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour; to name a few.