- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Jeep has officially unveiled the much-awaited Compass facelift at the 2020 Guangzhou Auto Show in China. The company showcased both standard and the Trailhawk variant of the updated Jeep Compass at the expo.
The 2021 Jeep Compass comes with a whole host of updates inside and out as part of its mid-life facelift from the company. The facelifted Compass features a new front bumper with the same seven-box grille finished in chrome.
The new bumper features a larger air dam that now runs across the length from end-to-end. The fog lamp housing has also been updated and is now integrated to the lower grille of the bumper. The headlamps of the 2021 Jeep Compass looks slimmer with integrated LED DRLs, making for an aggressive and sleek looking front-end design.
The changes on the side profile of the SUV includes an all-new alloy wheel design along with black cladding around the SUV, which gives the new Compass a butch look. At the rear, the facelifted SUV remains the same.
The overall silhouette of the SUV has not been changed from the outgoing model. However, the length and height of the Compass facelift have increased by 29mm and 17mm, respectively. The wheelbase remains the same at 2636mm.
The 2021 Compass has received prominent upgrades to its interior from the company. This includes an all-new 12.3-inch free-floating touchscreen infotainment unit that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology. It will be powered by the brand's new UConnect 5 operating system.
The interior of the new Compass now has a dual-tone look, which could be offered only on higher-spec trims of the SUV. Other upgrades a 10.25-inch fully digital instrument cluster, a head-up display, and a premium sound system from Beats, wireless smartphone charger; among others.
The company had also showcased the off-road biased variant of the Jeep Compass called the Trailhawk. It too features a host of exterior updated including a blacked-out front grille, red&black coloured decal on the bonnet, front tow hooks and more. Much like the standard variant, the 2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk's ground clearance has been increased.
The 2021 Compass facelift has not undergone any mechanical changes. It will continue to be offered with two engine options: a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 160bhp and 250Nm of torque, and a 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional seven-speed DCT offered with petrol engine and a nine-speed torque converter unit offered with diesel units.
Owing to the rising demand for the turbo-petrol engines, the company could bring the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit from international-spec models along with the 2021 Jeep Compass in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The 2021 Jeep Compass Globally Unveiled
The 2021 Jeep Compass features fresh design up-front along with a substantial upgrade to its interiors, giving the SUV a new look and host of new features. Once launched, the 2021 Jeep Compass will continue to rival the Kia Seltos, the Hyundai Creta, the Volkswagen T-Roc, the MG Hector and the Skoda Karoq.