- 5 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 5 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 22 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020 MI vs CSK Match 1 Updates: Stage set for opener
- Movies Hina Khan Ready To Romance Mohsin Or Rohan On-Screen; Says It's High Time We Should Break Barriers
- News J&K announces Rs 1,350 crore economic relief amid covid
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Technology Two Alleged Realme Phones Appear On TENNA; Specifications Tipped
- Lifestyle Rosh Hashanah 2020: Know About This Festival In Detail
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The next-gen Hyundai i20 will be the brand's next big launch in the Indian market. The company has confirmed that the launch timeline for the updated hatchback is on track. It is expected to arrive in the market sometime during this year's festive season.
According to the latest reports from Financial Express, the next-generation i20 is expected to feature a premium sound system. It could be an eight-speaker system that could be borrowed from the Hyundai Creta.
The eight-speaker setup includes Super65 units that will be installed on the front doors of the updated hatchback for an enhanced audio experience. A similar audio hardware was seen fitted to luxury brands such as Mercedes-Benz and Audi adding to the premium factor.
The premium sound system could very well be a best-in-class feature along with some of the others that are expected on the new-gen i20. It will come with two 10.25-inch displays for the instrument cluster, and the touch-screen infotainment system, respectively.
The touch-screen infotainment system supports Android Auto, Apple Carplay and the brand's latest iteration of Bluelink connected technology. The updated software will provide a host of additional features to the driver with a new layout and colour scheme on the screen.
The recently launched Verna facelift and the new-gen Creta features 45 and 50 ‘connected' commands, respectively. In comparison, the Hyundai Venue and the Elantra will feature only 33 and 34 commands, respectively. We expect the upcoming i20 to get the same connected car features as the Venue.
Some of the other interior features that are expected on the new-gen hatchback include dual-zone climate control with rear air-con vents, ambient lighting, electric sunroof, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, cruise control, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD and more.
The upcoming i20 will be its third iteration and will feature a host of design changes to the exteriors of the hatchback. This includes an all-new front facia with cascading grille, and restyled headlamps which are much sleeker as compared to the older ones.
At the rear, the new split-tail lamps are connected by a light bar running across the length of the boot-lid. It also comes equipped with a newly designed dual-tone alloy wheel that gives the hatchback an aggressive look.
Hyundai is expected to offer the new-gen i20 with a host of new powertrain options. This includes the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine with a 48V mild-hybrid unit paired with a six-speed (iMT) intelligent Manual Transmission. The company claims that this configuration helps reduce fuel consumption by a huge margin.
It will also be offered with other engine options including the current 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel unit borrowed from models in the brand's line-up. Both engines are expected to be offered with manual and automatic transmission options.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai i20 Expected To Feature Premium Sound System
The next-generation i20 is one among the most anticipated hatchback arriving in the Indian market later this year. Hyundai has always equipped the i20 with best-in-class features and equipment in its previous iterations. The new-gen model will also come packed with the brand's latest features and technologies.