- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 15 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- 15 hrs ago Ampere Launches New Electric Scooter Variants: Gets Added Features, Improved Mileage & More
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Irresistible Offers On Electronics Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Young Gill, Mavi and Nagarkoti shine in Knight Riders' big win over Royals
- Movies Thani Oruvan 2: The Jayam Ravi-Mohan Raja Project To Start Rolling In February 2021?
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- News Karnataka to effect steep hike in penalty for not wearing masks
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
The next-gen Hyundai i20 will be the brand's next big launch in the Indian market. The company has confirmed that the launch timeline for the updated hatchback is on track. It is expected to arrive in the market sometime during this year's festive season.
According to the latest reports from Financial Express, the next-generation i20 is expected to feature a premium sound system. It could be an eight-speaker system that could be borrowed from the Hyundai Creta.
The eight-speaker setup includes Super65 units that will be installed on the front doors of the updated hatchback for an enhanced audio experience. A similar audio hardware was seen fitted to luxury brands such as Mercedes-Benz and Audi adding to the premium factor.
The premium sound system could very well be a best-in-class feature along with some of the others that are expected on the new-gen i20. It will come with two 10.25-inch displays for the instrument cluster, and the touch-screen infotainment system, respectively.
The touch-screen infotainment system supports Android Auto, Apple Carplay and the brand's latest iteration of Bluelink connected technology. The updated software will provide a host of additional features to the driver with a new layout and colour scheme on the screen.
The recently launched Verna facelift and the new-gen Creta features 45 and 50 ‘connected' commands, respectively. In comparison, the Hyundai Venue and the Elantra will feature only 33 and 34 commands, respectively. We expect the upcoming i20 to get the same connected car features as the Venue.
Some of the other interior features that are expected on the new-gen hatchback include dual-zone climate control with rear air-con vents, ambient lighting, electric sunroof, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, cruise control, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD and more.
The upcoming i20 will be its third iteration and will feature a host of design changes to the exteriors of the hatchback. This includes an all-new front facia with cascading grille, and restyled headlamps which are much sleeker as compared to the older ones.
At the rear, the new split-tail lamps are connected by a light bar running across the length of the boot-lid. It also comes equipped with a newly designed dual-tone alloy wheel that gives the hatchback an aggressive look.
Hyundai is expected to offer the new-gen i20 with a host of new powertrain options. This includes the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine with a 48V mild-hybrid unit paired with a six-speed (iMT) intelligent Manual Transmission. The company claims that this configuration helps reduce fuel consumption by a huge margin.
It will also be offered with other engine options including the current 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel unit borrowed from models in the brand's line-up. Both engines are expected to be offered with manual and automatic transmission options.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai i20 Expected To Feature Premium Sound System
The next-generation i20 is one among the most anticipated hatchback arriving in the Indian market later this year. Hyundai has always equipped the i20 with best-in-class features and equipment in its previous iterations. The new-gen model will also come packed with the brand's latest features and technologies.