- 1 hr ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: Hero MotoCorp Registers 14.4% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 1 hr ago Honda Car Discounts & Year-End Offers: Benefits Of Up To Rs 2.5 Lakh Offered On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe ‘Black Shadow’ Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 42.30 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Tata Hexa BS6 4X4 Spotted Testing In Pune Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Vi Refarming 3G Sites In Bengaluru To Offer High Speed 4G Network
- Sports JK Tyre unveils star-studded team for the upcoming FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship 2020
- Movies Sonu Sood On Having An Educational Institute’s Department Named After Him: Greatest Honour Of My Of Life
- Lifestyle 12 Safe And Effective Tips For Diabetic Foot Care
- Finance SBI's YONO App Hit By System Outage
- News NASA: Mystery object is 54-year-old rocket, not asteroid
- Education A Mass Digitisation Trend To Bring Fresh Growth To Tech Spending in 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Hyundai has officially unveiled the first set of teaser images of the upcoming all-new i20 premium hatchback. The all-new Hyundai i20 is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in November. The all-new premium hatchback features a completely revamped design to both it's exterior and interior, while also coming packed with a host of features and equipment as well.
The all-new Hyundai i20 has also started arriving at dealerships, with certain showrooms having already started accepting unofficial bookings. However, Hyundai is yet to officially confirm both, the start of bookings and the exact launch date for the premium hatchback in the Indian market. Although we do expect official bookings to start in the coming days.
Coming back to the official teaser images, this is the first-ever look at the India-spec i20 hatchback from Hyundai. As seen from the official design sketches, the new Hyundai i20 will follow the brand's 'sensuous sportiness' global design language.
This includes the presence of the large cascading grille at the front, sharper-looking LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, triangular fog lamp housing on the front bumper, dual-tone paint scheme and a host of other stylish and sporty design elements.
The sporty design elements continue to the hatchback's interiors as well. Inside, the all-new i20 comes with a revamped dashboard and cabin layout. The new India-spec Hyundai i20 will carry forward a similar-looking dash and cabin as its international-spec version.
This includes the sporty steering wheel with mounted controls, 10.25-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's Blue Link connected technology, along with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Other features also include automatic climate control, cruise control, wireless charging, BOSE speakers, electric sunroof, ambient lighting, rearview camera with active guidelines, ABS with EBD, multiple airbags and a host of other equipment as well.
The all-new Hyundai i20 once launched in India is expected to be offered with the same powertrain options as the Venue compact-SUV. This includes two petrol engine offerings: a 1.2-litre NA unit producing 83bhp and 114Nm of peak torque, paired with a five-speed manual gearbox.
The other will be the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque, paired with the same six-speed iMT and a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission.
In terms of diesel, the new Hyundai i20 will also get the same 1.5-litre unit. The oil burner will produce 110bhp and 240Nm of peak torque and come mated to a six-speed manual or an automatic transmission.
Once launched in the market, the new Hyundai i20 is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 6.5 lakh, ex-showroom (India). It will take on rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Tata Altroz, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.
Thoughts On The All-New Hyundai I20 Premium Hatchback
The all-new Hyundai i20 hatchback looks extremely sporty and seems to come packed with a host of features and equipment, along with some proven strong-performing engine options. The new i20 has always been a popular offering in the segment and now the new-gen model could further help boost sales, especially during the festive season.