- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News EC refers false affidavit allegations against Uddhav Thackeray, Supriya Sule to CBDT
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP's Chris Jordan gets hammered for 30 runs in an over, enters unwanted club
- Movies Bigg Boss 6 Fame Sapna Bhavnani Plans To File Complaint Against Man Who Sexually Abused Her
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amit Aggarwal’s Latest Collection Is About Soothing Underwater Hues
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Hyundai India will be launching a next-generation model of the i20 premium hatchback in the market. The upcoming model will feature a new design and a host of updates inside and out over the current-gen Elite i20.
Ahead of its launch, the next-gen Hyundai i20 has been spotted testing in the country. Latest spy images from Rushlane, reveals a complete camouflage mule and was spotted in Hyderabad doing its latest round of testing.
Although the car is completely covered, some indications will point towards the test mule being a new-gen i20. Starting with the aggressive silhouette of the hatchback along with a sharkfin antenna and the 15-inch alloy wheels, that looks as same as the ones found on the international model.
The new-gen i20 will feature an all-new design with a new cascading grille, sleek-looking headlamps, a light bar connecting the new wrap-around split tail lamps, and a new dual-tone alloy-wheel design the new-gen i20 looks more premium than the outgoing model of the hatchback.
Like all Hyundai models, the interiors of i20 will come packed with a host of features. This includes a new dashboard design, two 10.25-inch displays for the instrument cluster, and touchscreen infotainment system, respectively.
The touchscreen infotainment system supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay and the brand's latest ‘BlueLink' connected technology. The upcoming i20 is expected to borrow its connected technology from the Hyundai Venue with the same set of 33 commands featured on the compact-SUV.
Along with the connected features, it could also feature an electric sunroof, ventilated seats, dual-zone climate control, rear air-con vents and a Bose premium audio system. Hyundai is also expected to improve the safety features on the new i20 with a host of active and passive systems. This includes a blind-spot monitoring, multiple airbags, ISO-FIX mounts; among others.
Speaking about powertrain options, the new Hyundai i20 is expected to be offered with three engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine, a 1.2-litre petrol unit and the 1.5-litre oil burner unit borrowed from the Kia Seltos, albeit in a detuned state.
The engines are expected to come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with optional CVT offered on the 1.2-litre petrol, and a torque converter unit on the 1.5-litre diesel. The 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit could be offered with both six-speed iMT and the seven-speed DCT as well.
Once launched, the new-gen Hyundai i20 will rival the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Tata Altroz, the Volkswagen Polo, the Toyota Glanza, and the Honda Jazz in the Indian market. With all the new changes, the new i20 is expected to see a substantial price increase as compared to the current-gen Elite i20 model.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch
The Hyundai Elite i20 is due for a design change and feature upgrade. The current-gen model is sold only with a petrol engine. However, the new-gen i20 is expected to bring plenty of engine and transmission options along with many best-in-class features.