- 38 min ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 43 min ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 3 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Etrio Touro Electric Three-Wheeler Leasing Options Announced In India: Here Are All Details
- News Farmers ask govt to decide on demands, threaten to walk out of meeting
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Movies Mika Singh Takes A Jibe At Kangana Ranaut For Picking On Soft Targets Like Karan Johar, Hrithik Roshan And Ranveer Singh
- Sports Former sportspersons from Punjab to return awards in support of farmers' agitation on Sunday
- Technology Mystery Nokia Budget Smartphone Gets TENAA Certification; Might Debut Soon
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Education Rajasthan RBSE Board Syllabus Reduced By 48% For Academic Year 2020-21 Due To COVID-19
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
Hyundai will be launching a new-gen model of the Elite i20 hatchback in the Indian market. According to the latest report, the company is gearing up to launch the new-gen i20 sometime in the first week of November.
The report from Cardekho also suggests that dealers have begun accepting pre-launch bookings for the 2020 Hyundai i20 unofficially for a token amount of Rs 25,000. The new-gen i20 was spotted arriving at dealerships recently as well, which adds to the launch speculations of the premium hatchback in the country.
The new-generation i20 has undergone a complete design revision and now looks much more aggressive and sleek as compared to the old-gen model. It has also been equipped with a host of features to help compete against its segment rivals.
The hatchback is expected to be available in a host of variants along with plenty of engine and transmission combination to suit every buyer in the segment. The company is also expected to offer the new-gen i20 in monotone and dual-tone paint schemes.
The new-gen i20 will feature an all-new design that looks aggressive as compared to the styling on the current-model. It features a new cascading grille, sleek-looking headlamps, a light bar connecting the new wrap-around split tail lamps. The hatchback will also feature a new dual-tone alloy-wheel design, which can be seen from the images as well.
On the inside, Hyundai has packed the new i20's interior with the latest technology and a host of added features. This includes a new dashboard design, two 10.25-inch displays for the instrument cluster, and touchscreen infotainment system, respectively.
The touchscreen infotainment system supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay and the brand's latest ‘BlueLink' connected technology. The upcoming i20 could borrow its connected technology from the Hyundai Venue with the same set of 33 commands featured on the compact-SUV.
Other features that are expected on the new-generation i20 includes automatic climate control, rear AC vents, smartphone wireless charging, leather upholstery, a D-cut steering wheel with mounted controls for audio, cruise control function and more.
The new Hyundai i20 is expected to be offered with three engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine, a 1.2-litre petrol unit and the 1.5-litre diesel unit.
The engines are expected to come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with optional CVT offered on the 1.2-litre petrol, and a torque converter unit on the 1.5-litre diesel. The 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit could be offered with both six-speed iMT and the seven-speed DCT as well.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai i20 India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed
Hyundai is looking to launch its popular hatchback model, the i20 during the festive season in India. It should help boost sales for the brand and also will be a new product offering for the festive season in the country. The new-gen i20 will continue to rival the Tata Altroz, the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno; among others in the market.