- 53 min ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Model-Wise Car Sales Report For November 2020: Here Are The Details!
- 2 hrs ago New Toyota-Maruti Suzuki SUV Coming Soon: To Rival The Hyundai Creta & Kia Seltos
- 16 hrs ago KTM Bicycles Launched In India By AlphaVector: Prices Start At Rs 30,000
- Movies Swara Bhasker Hails Diljit Dosanjh Over His Ugly Twitter Spat With Kangana Ranaut!
- Finance RBI Monetary Policy: Experts Say In Line With Expectations
- News When will every Indian get free COVID vaccine, Rahul Gandhi asks PM Modi
- Technology Vivo Y52s Launch Pegged For December 10; Dual-Cameras, Dimensity 720G SoC Tipped
- Sports India vs Australia | Will Pucovski set for exciting challenge against India bowlers
- Lifestyle Meet The Bijlees’: An Extensive Guide About Electricity For School Kids
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Hyundai recently launched the third-generation i20 premium hatchback in the Indian market. The all-new Hyundai i20 has been well-received in the country and is available in a host of variants with petrol and diesel engine options.
According to the recent report from Zigwheels, Hyundai is expected to launch a new base-spec variant called ‘Era' in the Indian market. The reports suggest that the launch of new entry-level trim of the i20 hatchback has come to light, because of leaked RTO government document.
Hyundai is yet to confirm the news of introducing a base-spec model of the i20 hatchback. However, Hyundai has launched a few base-spec trims of several models in the past. As a result, the base-spec Era variant of the i20 is very much a possibility.
The current base-spec Magna model comes with a couple of nice to have features from the company. Starting with exterior features such as halogen headlamps, fog lamps with LED DRLs, Z-shaped halogen tail lamps, 15-inch steel wheels with covers and a micro antenna; among others.
On the inside, the seats are finished in fabric upholstery, sunglass holder, semi-digital instrument cluster without a MID. The Magna variant does not even get a touchscreen infotainment system, instead, it features a 2-DIN integrated audio system with Bluetooth connectivity. The Manga varaint also features manual air-conditioning controls with rear AC vents.
In terms of safety, the company offer the base-spec model with dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, day and night inside rearview mirror, seat belt pre-tensioners for driver and passenger, and a speed alert system. The Magna trim is not even offered with an ISOFIX child seat anchors.
The Magna variant already comes with bare-minimum features that are offered by the brand on the premium hatchback. However, the Era trim will sit lower to the Magna model and is expected to miss out on some of the features mentioned above.
The i20 Era trim could be a bare-minimum offering with none of the nice-to-have features that are present in the Magna varaint. This includes steering with audio control, electronically adjustable ORVMs, rear ac vents and an even lower specs audio unit.
The Magna variant is offered with petrol and diesel engine options with a manual gearbox as standard. However, the Era varaint could be offered with a single petrol engine option. The 1.2-litre ‘Kappa' petrol engine produces a maximum of 82bhp and a peak torque of 115Nm. The engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox as standard.
Hyundai is offering the all-new i20 at a starting price of Rs 6.79 lakh and goes all the way up to Rs 11.18 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). However, the company has announced that the prices will go up from January 1, 2020. The new Era could replace the Magna varaint with the same price or even lower after the price increase next year.
Thoughts About The New Hyundai i20 Entry Level Trim Launching In India
Hyundai will increase the prices of existing variants starting from next year. As a result, the company could launch a new base-spec variant to help cover the price increase in the Indian market. However, it will be interesting to see the changes on the Era trim as compared to Magna variant, which will be made by Hyundai.