- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- News Police grant permission to farmer unions to conduct Tractor Parade on Republic Day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Sports SAI takes steps to ensure no drop in intensity of athletes returning to training
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Hyundai has announced that their new i20 premium hatchback has received an overwhelming initial response in the Indian market, ever since its launch on 5th November. The new Hyundai i20 premium hatchback till date has already registered over 20,000 bookings in the country.
The 20,000 units have been registered in just 20 days since Hyundai officially started accepting bookings for the i20 hatchback. The company also stated that they have already delivered over 4000 units of the premium hatchback to customers during the Diwali season.
Tarun Garg, Director (Sales, Marketing & Service), Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said,
"The i20 has been a trendsetter in its segment and icon among the new age customers. Now with the launch of the all-new i20, we are upping the ante and setting a new benchmark."
"We have received an overwhelming response to the all-new i20 with 20 000 Bookings in 20 days and more than 4 000 customers having taken delivery of this latest blockbuster product from us during Diwali season."
"As the foremost premium hatchback in India, more than 85 % Customers have opted for Sportz and above trims, showcasing a strong demand for Advanced Technologies offered on the all-new i20."
Hyundai also confirmed that 85 per cent of the total i20 bookings are towards the Sportz and higher trim levels. This shows the high demand for advanced features and strong performance from customers in the country.
Some of the important features on the top-spec variants of the new Hyundai i20 include LED headlamps with LED DRLs, Z-shaped LED tail lights, electric sunroof, 16-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Blue Link Connectivity, wireless charging, cruise control and a host of others as well.
The new Hyundai i20 is also offered with a choice of three engine options: 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. All three engines come with different transmission options, ranging from a six-speed manual, iVT, iMT and DCT.
Tarun Garg further stated, "Nearly 45% of customers have preferred variants enabled with our already established BlueLink technology. Sunroof continues to be a customer favourite with close to 30 % Bookings made for models with this particular feature. Similarly, in line with the needs of the current environment, 35% of customers have opted for models with Industry Unique Oxyboost Air purifier."
"Our new and advanced transmission offerings (IVT/iMT/DCT) have received a strong traction from 25 % of the customers and to top it all almost 20 % of the customers have opted for our Powerful and Efficient 1.5 l U2 CRDi Diesel BS6 Powertrain."
Thoughts On The New Hyundai i20 Demand In India
The new Hyundai i20 premium hatchback comes with a completely fresh design, compared to its predecessor and now looks more stylish, sporty and aggressive. This combined with the strong engine options and the feature-packed variants have helped the i20 receive an overwhelming response in the Indian market.