- 6 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 8 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 12 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- News WHO team arrives in China to find coronavirus origin
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation In June Grows At 6.09%; Breaches RBI Target
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The 2020 Honda WR-V will be launching in India on July 2nd. The company has announced the launch timeline on its social media handle. The pre-booking for the upcoming compact-SUV is already underway.
The 2020 WR-V can be booked either online or through the brand's dealerships for a token amount of Rs 21,000. We have already reported the arrival of the upcoming compact-SUV to dealerships across the country ahead of its launch — here are more details.
Honda was expected to launch the facelifted SUV much before in the Indian market. However, it was postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. According to recent reports, the company announced that they have started the production of the 2020 WR-V after the nation-wide lockdown was eased.
The 2020 Honda WR-V features a host of changes inside and out, over its BS4 model. Most of the design changes are done on the front of the SUV. These include an updated grille with horizontal vents, and new LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs.
Other changes include a new C-shaped LED tail lamp unit, new 16-inch alloy wheels and other minor cosmetic changes made all around the exterior of the SUV. Some of the exterior features have been carried forward from the older model. This includes a wide chrome strip with the Honda logo, roof rails, skid plates at both ends, an electrically operated sunroof and more.
On the Inside, the facelift model features minor upgrades to the overall cabin. It features an all-new seat fabric that provides a new look to the cabin. It will continue to feature a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, satellite-based navigation, and the brands latest smartphone-connected features.
Other features include a semi-digital instrument panel, automatic climate control, a push-button for start/stop function, cruise control, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, a reverse parking camera, and a brake override system; among others.
The 2020 Honda WR-V is expected to be offered in two trim levels and two engine options. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 88 bhp and 110 Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The 1.5-litre diesel unit churns out 100bhp and 200Nm of torque, and comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission. There are no automatic transmission options on both the engines offered by the company.
Once launched, the Honda WR-V will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Hyundai Venue, the Mahindra XUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. The BS6 model is expected to receive a slight increase in its pricing because of the updates.
Thoughts About The Honda WR-V BS6 India Launch On July 2
Honda is gearing up to launch a host of new models next month. They seem to start thighs of the with the updated WR-V compact-SUV. It will be followed with the launch of the most anticipated 2020 Honda City as well. The WR-V continues to be offered with both engine options in its BS6 avatar, which could be a huge advantage for the brand.