- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 15 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- 15 hrs ago Ampere Launches New Electric Scooter Variants: Gets Added Features, Improved Mileage & More
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Irresistible Offers On Electronics Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Young Gill, Mavi and Nagarkoti shine in Knight Riders' big win over Royals
- Movies Thani Oruvan 2: The Jayam Ravi-Mohan Raja Project To Start Rolling In February 2021?
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- News Karnataka to effect steep hike in penalty for not wearing masks
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
Honda Cars India launched the all-new fifth-generation City sedan in the Indian market recently. The new (2020) Honda City sedan is offered alongside the old-generation model and comes with significant updates, both cosmetically and mechanically as well.
The fifth-generation Honda City borrows inspiration from its other sedan siblings such as the Amaze and Civic models. The Honda City has been on sale in India for quite a while now, undergoing multiple updates and has even managed to become a household name in the country.
Honda hopes that the all-new fifth-generation City sedan continues to carry forward the popularity in the future as well. Offered with a starting price of Rs 10.90 lakh (ex-showroom), the new Honda City is offered in a range of three variants: V, VX and ZX.
All three of these variants are further offered with a choice of both petrol and diesel engine options as well. Further to this, Honda offers all three variants of the new City sedan with a host of features and equipment as standard, making all of them attractive offerings in their own right.
The engines on offer include 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units. The petrol unit comes in the form of a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine producing 121bhp and 145Nm of peak torque. Similarly, the diesel engine comes in the form of a 1.5-litre i-DTEC unit. It produces 100bhp and 200Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed gearbox, with the petrol unit receiving the optional CVT automatic transmission as well.
Having said that, here is a variant-wise breakdown of the features, safety equipment, prices and engine specifications of the new Honda City launched in India.
New Honda City ‘V' Variant (Rs 10.90 lakh - Rs 12.40 lakh)
- Projector headlamps with LED DRLs
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system (Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)
- Alexa voice recognition
- Rear AC vents
- Automatic climate control
- Keyless entry
- Driver seat height adjust
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Paddle-shifters (CVT)
- Four airbags
- Hill-start assist
- Rearview camera & parking sensors
- Traction control
- Cruise control
- ABS with EBD
New Honda City ‘VX' Variant (Rs 12.26 lakh - Rs 13.76 lakh)
In addition to the features on the base ‘V' variant:
- Automatic headlamps
- 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels
- Auto-door lock when moving away from the car
- Auto-dimming IRVM
- 7-inch digital instrument cluster
- Curtain airbags
New Honda City ‘ZX' Variant (Rs 13.15 lakh - Rs 14.65 lakh)
In addition to the features on the mid 'VX' variant:
- LED headlamps & fog lamps
- Leather upholstery
- Remote operation of sunroof & windows
- Auto-folding ORVMs
- Ambient lighting
- Rear sunshade
- Lane-watch camera
Thoughts On The New (Fifth-Generation) Honda City Sedan In India
The Honda City is one of the most popular sedan offerings in the Indian market, which has been on sale for a long time. The new fifth-generation City continues to take on rivals such as the Skoda Rapid, Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in the segment.