- 1 hr ago Top-selling Two-Wheeler Brands In India In December 2020: Hero MotoCorp & Honda Continue To Dominate
- 1 hr ago New Jawa Forty-Two Spied Testing With New Features Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- Sports UFC Fight Island 8: Chiesa vs. Magny fight card, date, time in India and where to watch
- Technology Is WhatsApp Sold To Mark Zuckerberg? Who Is The Director Of WhatsApp Now?
- Finance 10 Lesser Known Facts Of SBI Doorstep Banking Services
- Lifestyle 11 Health Benefits Of Pomegranate Tea And How To Make It
- News Delhi cops will decide on who can enter Delhi: Supreme Court on farmers' tractor parade
- Movies Harman Baweja All Set To Marry Sasha Ramchandani On This Date; Details Out
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
BMW has globally unveiled their first-ever all-electric SUV, the iX. The all-new all-electric BMW iX SUV will be the brand's latest flagship model, once it enters production sometime next year. The new BMW iX comes with a new platform, design language and a host of connected tech as well.
The all-new BMW iX is said to have a length and width identical to a X5, the height being equal to the X6 and the wheel size of the X7. The new iX keeping in line with the brand's latest design language features the massive kidney-grille, which first debuted on the M3 and M4 models recently.
The large kidney grille on the BMW iX also serves the purpose of housing all the intelligent drives assistance technology and systems available on the electric SUV. This includes the radar system, sensors and cameras.
The design of the new BMW iX is minimalistic, with a more future-oriented styling. The new iX also debut's the brand's newest scalable architecture. It uses an aluminium space-frame and a carbon cage for torsional stiffness, all while reducing the overall weight.
The minimalist design on the new BMW iX continues to the interiors of the electric SUV as well. The cabin of the new iX feels futuristic and features a new hexagonal steering wheel. The can also comes with a continuous curved screen which features both the instrument cluster and the large 15-inch touchscreen infotainment system; among a host of others.
Domagoj Dukec, Vice President, BMW Design, stated,
"We designed the BMW iX from the inside out. In the process, we took particular care to create a modern, warm and minimalist interior design with a very spacious feel. The monolithic design with few, very precise lines demonstrates character and gives the car a modern appearance. The BMW iX is bold and yet clean and elegant."
BMW states that the new iX electric SUV uses the brand's fifth-generation powertrain, comprising of two electric motors; producing combined power figures of 503bhp. The BMW iX is said to be capable of offering a maximum range of 600 kilometres on a single charge as per the European WLTP cycle. However, since the car is still in its development stages, actual range at the time of launch might vary.
BMW also claims that the iX electric SUV is capable of charging up to 70 per cent in 40 minutes, using a 200kW fast-charger. It also states that a minute of charge can add a range of 120km on the iX.
Frank Weber, Member of the Board of Management, BMW AG, Development, stated:
"We are setting new industry standards with the technology in the BMW iX. The iX has more computing power for data processing and more powerful sensor technology than the newest vehicles in our current line-up, is 5G-capable, will be given new and improved automated driving and parking functions and uses the high-performing fifth generation of our electric drive system."
BMW has announced that production for the iX electric SUV will begin at its Dingolfing facility, Germany during the second-half of next year, before going on sale in developed markets by late-2021. There is no word yet about whether or not BMW will bring the iX to India, although if it does it will be sometime in 2022.
Thoughts About The BMW iX Electric SUV
The BMW iX is the brand's all-new all-electric flagship SUV. Once launched internationally, the new BMW iX will take on the likes of the Mercedes-Benz EQC, Audi e-Tron and the Jaguar I-Pace.