- 7 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 8 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 12 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- News WHO team arrives in China to find coronavirus origin
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation In June Grows At 6.09%; Breaches RBI Target
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Audi has globally unveiled the 2021 Q5 facelift SUV with a host of updated over its predecessor. The new model is expected to arrive in the Indian market only by next year with limited powertrain options.
The new Audi Q5 facelift model looks more aggressive and sleek as compared to the previous model. It receives an all-new front fascia with a redesigned grille that now looks much larger than on the previous model.
It also gets new headlamps with redesigned DRLs that is much sleeker and appealing than before. Bumpers at both ends also feature an aggressive and sporty design with new vents. At the rear, it features a subtle revision with new trim piece connected both the tail-lamps.
Both the head-lamps and tail-lamps on the new Q5 have been revised, especially with the rear units receiving a new OLED technology. Audi is also offering its international customers to choose from various lighting options include the brand MATRIX technology as per their preference while buying the new Q5.
On the Inside, it features a larger 10.1-inch touch screen infotainment system that is from the brand MIB 3 platform which Audi claims to be 10 times faster than the previous generation. It also features Amazon Alexa and the brand's connected car technology with AI assistance for various commands.
The new infotainment also offers updated navigation with high-resolution images from Google Earth. The company has also updated its ‘My Audi' smartphone application to offer more features as well.
Other features include leather seats, a multifunction steering wheel with updated mounted controls, a fully-digital instrument cluster, climate control, a panoramic sunroof, and a host of other features. The new Q5's cabin continues to offer the best of balance between luxury and sportiness inside the cabin.
In international markets, Audi offers the new Q5 with both petrol and diesel engines. However, the India-bound model is said to receive only a petrol engine. It will be in the form of a 2.0-litre 45TFSI petrol engine. It is expected to produce 245bhp and 370Nm of torque.
The engine will come mated to a seven-speed ‘S-Tronic' dual-clutch transmission with power being sent to all four wheels using Audi's ‘Quattro' system. The power figures on the Q5 facelift model seems identical to the Audi A6 sedan that is currently on sale in the Indian market.
Once launched, the new Audi Q5 will rival the Mercedes-Benz GLC, the BMW X3, the Volvo XC 60, and the Land Rover Discovery Sport; among others in the Indian market. We expect the facelift model to receive a slight increase in its pricing as well.
Thoughts About The 2021 Audi Q5 Facelift Globally Unveiled
The new Audi Q5 looks much aggressive and sporters as compared to its previous model. It also received few subtle upgrades on the inside to provide an enhanced experience to the passengers. The new model could take some time to arrive in the India market due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.