- 1 hr ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 4 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- Sports Ronaldo left out of Juve squad for Coppa Italia tie
- News Soil health, post-harvest management major concern areas; Rs 1 lakh cr fund to address these issues: Tomar
- Movies Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin Co-Stars Neil Bhatt And Aishwarya Sharma Get Engaged, Share Roka Pictures
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Finance Tax Slabs May Be Altered In The New Tax Regime; Tax Savings Of Upto Rs. 80000 Possible
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
The luxury car manufacturer, MINI, started its journey of electrification of models by launching the Cooper SE, a year ago. After a successful reception from the market, the company is looking to develop a performance offering of the electric hatchback.
The new all-electric Mini Cooper John Cooper Works (JCW) GP concept has been introduced by the brand. The Mini Cooper JCW GP is expected to be the fastest and quickest model ever produced by the brand. The upcoming performance electric hatchback is currently being testing in the Nurburgring race track.
The company has now announced the arrivals of the Mini Cooper JCW GP, by releasing a few pictures of the hatchback testing at the Nurburgring race track completely camouflaged. The Cooper JCW GP is using a camouflage representing myriad race tracks.
The Mini Cooper SE is already a fairly powerful electric car. The SE can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.3 seconds. The Cooper SE is powered by a synchronous electric powertrain developed by the BMW Group.
The e-powertrain produces a maximum of 181 bhp and a peak torque of 270 Nm. The hatchback is capable of achieving an electronically-limited top speed of 150 km/h. However, the brand is looking to offer a more powerful variant of the electric hatchback that is bread on race tracks.
As a result, the all-electric Mini Cooper JCW GP is expected to feature an all-new powertrain and chassis setup. The powertrain is expected to be much powerful than the ones powering the Cooper SE. The electric Mini Cooper JCW GP is expected to be the quickest model that will exceed the performance of the current gasoline-powered Mini Cooper JCW GP hot-hatch.
Additionally, the electric Mini Cooper JCW GP is expected to offer an improved driving range over the current Cooper SE model. The Mini Cooper SE features a maximum driving range of 170 km on a single battery charge. The number could significantly improve on the upcoming electric JCW GP model.
The Mini Cooper JCW GP electric is expected to share most of its design and features from its gasoline-powered sibling. This includes the exteriors and interiors features along with the paint scheme, that reflects the performance nature of the hot-hatch.
Bernd Körber, Head of the MINI brand, said, "With the MINI Electric, we've shown how well brand-typical driving enjoyment and electric mobility can be combined. Now it's time to translate the passion for performance of the John Cooper Works brand to electromobility. That's why we're working to develop concepts for electric John Cooper Works models."
He further added, "John Cooper Works models with conventional combustion engines will continue to have an important role to play, to make sure we're addressing the wishes and needs of performance enthusiasts all around the world. With this new focus on electric performance, we're also creating the opportunity to sharpen the distinctive profile of the John Cooper Works brand more than ever before."
Thoughts About The Mini Cooper John Cooper Works GP Electric Concept
The Mini Cooper John Cooper Works GP will be fastest hot-hatch offering from the brand. Mini has embarked on a journey towards electrification of its models. However, adding a battery pack and an electric motor, while maintaining the small form factor is a challenge that the company has accepted. Whether the John Cooper Works GP will feature an enhanced driving range over the Cooper SE remains to be seen.