- 45 min ago Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- 15 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 17 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- News Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh to be first Rafale woman fighter pilot
- Movies Shweta Tiwari Confirms Being COVID-19 Positive; Ishq Mein Marjawan 2's Rrahul Also Tests Positive
- Lifestyle Ankita Lokhande Or Erica Fernandes, Whose White Saree Is Prettier And Who Pulled It Off Better?
- Sports IPL 2020: Rohit Sharma is now fourth in the 'hit' list!
- Finance This Pharma Stock Has Promising Outlook And An Upgrade From Sharekhan
- Technology Vivo Watch Announced With Blood Oxygen Sensor, Up To 18-Day Battery Life And More
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
MG Motor currently sells three SUVs in the Indian market. However, it is gearing up to introduce the fourth SUV called the Gloster. According to recent reports, their fifth model in India could also be an SUV.
The SUV in question is the petrol-powered ZS model. Latest spy images from Motorbeam reveals a complete camouflaged mule of the ZS petrol SUV testing in India. It is expected to arrive sometime next year in the Indian market.
Earlier a leaked document revealed that the company has registered the ZS petrol and hybrid engine options in the country. The SUV is already being sold in various international markets and is available in a couple of powertrain options.
This includes a 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine producing 104bhp and 141Nm of torque, and a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol-hybrid unit churning out 109.4bhp and 160Nm of torque.
Both the engines are already complaint to Euro-VI standards, which is an emission standard similar to the Indian BS6 norms. This means both engines could be arriving in the country when launched in the market.
As for the transmission options, the global-spec model powered by a conventional petrol engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. While the petrol-hybrid engine comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission unit. We expect the India-spec models to carry the same transmission options as well.
Apart from the engine options, the petrol-powered model will feature a similar design and features as the ZS EV electric-SUV that is currently on sale in India. The dimension of the ZS SUV reads, 4314mm in length, 1890mm in width and 1611mm in height with a wheelbase of 2589mm for gasoline models and 2580mm for ZS EV.
The global spec models of the ZS SUV features brand's signature honeycomb grille with LED headlamps and integrated DRLs, a wrap-around LED tail-lamps with aluminium skid plates placed at both ends. The SUV also features 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.
On the inside, the global SUV features a host of features offering a premium look and feel to the cabin. This includes an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Apple Carplay, Android Auto, and the brand's latest iteration of iSmart connected technology as well.
The global-spec models are also offered with MG's Pilot driver assistance feature which includes active emergency braking, lane-keep assist, blind-spot detection and more. Whether these features will make to the India-specs model remains to be seen.
In related news, MG Motor is gearing up to launch its fourth SUV in the Indian market. Called the Gloster will be the brand's flagship model when launched in the market. It has been recently spotted testing revealing a couple of features — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The MG ZS Petrol-Powered SUV Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
MG Motor looks to cater to the growing demand for SUV in the Indian market. Once launched, the ZS petrol SUV will rival the Hyundai Creta, and the Kia Seltos; among others. With two engine options, the ZS will cater to a wider audience.