- 12 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
MG Motor currently sells three SUVs in the Indian market. However, it is gearing up to introduce the fourth SUV called the Gloster. According to recent reports, their fifth model in India could also be an SUV.
The SUV in question is the petrol-powered ZS model. Latest spy images from Motorbeam reveals a complete camouflaged mule of the ZS petrol SUV testing in India. It is expected to arrive sometime next year in the Indian market.
Earlier a leaked document revealed that the company has registered the ZS petrol and hybrid engine options in the country. The SUV is already being sold in various international markets and is available in a couple of powertrain options.
This includes a 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine producing 104bhp and 141Nm of torque, and a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol-hybrid unit churning out 109.4bhp and 160Nm of torque.
Both the engines are already complaint to Euro-VI standards, which is an emission standard similar to the Indian BS6 norms. This means both engines could be arriving in the country when launched in the market.
As for the transmission options, the global-spec model powered by a conventional petrol engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. While the petrol-hybrid engine comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission unit. We expect the India-spec models to carry the same transmission options as well.
Apart from the engine options, the petrol-powered model will feature a similar design and features as the ZS EV electric-SUV that is currently on sale in India. The dimension of the ZS SUV reads, 4314mm in length, 1890mm in width and 1611mm in height with a wheelbase of 2589mm for gasoline models and 2580mm for ZS EV.
The global spec models of the ZS SUV features brand's signature honeycomb grille with LED headlamps and integrated DRLs, a wrap-around LED tail-lamps with aluminium skid plates placed at both ends. The SUV also features 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.
On the inside, the global SUV features a host of features offering a premium look and feel to the cabin. This includes an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Apple Carplay, Android Auto, and the brand's latest iteration of iSmart connected technology as well.
The global-spec models are also offered with MG's Pilot driver assistance feature which includes active emergency braking, lane-keep assist, blind-spot detection and more. Whether these features will make to the India-specs model remains to be seen.
In related news, MG Motor is gearing up to launch its fourth SUV in the Indian market. Called the Gloster will be the brand's flagship model when launched in the market. It has been recently spotted testing revealing a couple of features — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The MG ZS Petrol-Powered SUV Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
MG Motor looks to cater to the growing demand for SUV in the Indian market. Once launched, the ZS petrol SUV will rival the Hyundai Creta, and the Kia Seltos; among others. With two engine options, the ZS will cater to a wider audience.