- 46 min ago Honda CR-V Special Edition Launched In India: Priced At 29.50 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Harley-Davidson & Hero MotoCorp Announce Partnership For Indian Market: Here Are The Details
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen Connected Car Technology Launched In India: Here Are All Details
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Spotted Testing For First Time Ahead Of Launch In India: Pics & Details
- Movies Jim Sarbh Says He Is Dying To Do Comedy; 'I Am Still Waiting For Good Opportunities'
- News Bihar Elections 2020: BJP's star campaigner Yogi Adityanath to address four rallies today
- Finance Hero Motocorp Climbs Above Rs 3,000 On Distribution Pact With Harley Davidson
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Or Sara Ali Khan, Whose Churidaar Suit Set Is More Gorgeous?
- Sports IPL 2020: Ponting wants Delhi Capitals to pull things back
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In November
- Technology Micromax In Smartphones Will Use MediaTek Helio G35, Helio G85 SoCs
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2020 Declared, Check Result Link And Merit List
MG Motor India recently unveiled its flagship Gloster premium-SUV in the country. The Gloster SUV is ideally the brand's third model that will be launching later in the year in India, after the Hector and the MG ZS EV.
According to the latest reports from Express Drives, Morris Garages India is looking to launch its fourth product sometime in the next year. In the same report, the company has also confirmed that the new product will be placed in the mass-market segment in the country.
Mr Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India, commented on the development of the brand's fourth product saying it will be more affordable than the Hector. This means the upcoming product will be priced lower than Rs 12.83 lakh, which is Hector's starting price in India.
Adding to the speculations, MG is currently testing the petrol-powered ZS model in the Indian market. The SUV has been spotted several times testing in the country. The ZS SUV is smaller in terms of design and could be placed below the Hector when launched in India.
The MG ZS is currently being sold in various international markets across the globe and could be arriving in India sometime next year. International-specs model of the SUV is offering in two engine options.
This includes a 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine producing 104bhp and 141Nm of torque, and a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol-hybrid unit churning out 109.4bhp and 160Nm of torque. Both the engines carry a Euro-VI certification, which is an emission standard similar to the Indian BS-VI emission norms.
The global-spec ZS SUV's petrol engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, while the petrol-hybrid engine comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission unit. We expect the India-spec models to carry the same transmission options as well.
The global spec models of the ZS SUV features MG's signature honeycomb grille with LED headlamps and DRLs, the rear features wraparound LED tail-lamps with aluminium skid plates placed at both ends. The SUV also features 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.
On the inside, the global SUV features a host of features offering a premium look and feel to the cabin. This includes an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Apple Carplay and Android Auto, rain-sensing wipers, leather upholstery, climate control, a start/stop push button; among others.
The ZS SUV comes equipped with standard safety features, which includes, ABS with EBD, airbags, hill launch assist; among others. We expect the exterior and interior features of the global-spec models to be carried to India-bound ZS SUV as well.
The same report also reveals that the company is looking to increase the localization of the Hector and MG ZS EV in the country. The Hector's localization stands between 70 to 75 per cent, depending on the powertrain.
Thoughts About The MG ZS Petrol Likely To Launch Next Year In India
MG Motor India is looking to launch a new model to target volume sales in the country. The brand's fourth model is speculated to be the ZS SUV, which will be priced lower than the Hector. Once launched, it will rival the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos; among others in the Indian market.