- 1 hr ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 16 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 19 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- News John Abraham wishes fans on Republic Day, shares new Satyameva Jayate 2 still
- Technology Tecno Pova Review: Impressive Baterry At An Affordable Price
- Movies Padma Awards 2021: Late SP Balasubrahmanyam, Shinzo Abe And Others To Be Recipient Of The Prestigious Award
- Sports LeBron James makes NBA history, Nets' Durant joins exclusive club and Doncic matches MJ
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
MG Motor India has announced its participation in the first-ever EV trial run between Delhi and Agra its ZS EV electric SUV. The initiative is remarked as #NHforEV2020, which aims to test expressway or Indian highways to support EV travel.
The latest electric vehicle run has been conducted on the Yamuna Expressway as an e-corridor for public EV transit between Delhi and Agra. The distance from Delhi to Agra via the Yamuna Expressway is 233.1 kilometre.
The #NHforEV2020 Tech Trial Run was Launched as part of the Government of India's mission to put more EVs on the road by 2020. The event was flagged off by many government official ministers and senior dignitaries, showing their support for a better and greener tomorrow.
The trial is run primarily focuses on the charging infrastructure as well as roadside assistance services along the popular tourist route. The EV Tech Trial run will help assess the feasibility for taking EV on longer journeys across various locations in India.
Commenting on the launch of the EV Tech Trial Run from Delhi to Agra, Mr Rajeev Chaba, President and Managing Director, MG Motor India, said "We are proud to participate in the first-ever tech trial run from Delhi to Agra with the ZS EV. With its commendable range of 340 kilometres on a single charge, vehicles such as ZS EV are ideal for Delhi-Agra commutes. We would like to thank #NHforEV2020 for bringing together senior government leaders, EV players, and local supply chain stakeholders to nurture and build the EV ecosystem in India."
He further added, "We believe that charging infrastructure across India's national highways will create the right awareness among consumers and help solve the range-related concerns. At MG, we feel proud to have pioneered the EV ecosystem in India with a robust 5-way charging network. We are also actively forging partnerships with key charging enablers such as Tata Power and Exicom to further expand the EV ecosystem of India."
The company is offering MG ZS EV with five various way to charge their electric-SUV including an onboard cable to charge anywhere. Alternatively, customers can also get an AC fast charger installed at their homes/offices, free of cost, through MG's association with eChargeBays.
Other options include charge-on-the-go facility with Roadside Assistance. The 60 kW Agra charging station is in line with this ecosystem. It can be used by any EV compatible with CCS/CHAdeMO fast-charging standards.
Speaking about the specs of the MG ZS EV, the electric-SUV features a 3-phase permanent magnet mated to a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. It electric-powertrain produces 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque. The ZS EV offers a maximum driving range of 340km on a single charge. The electric vehicle can accelarate from 0 to 100kmph in 8.5 seconds.
The charge times for ZS EV via a home charger are rated between 6 to 7 hours to charge up to 80 per cent. While charing the SUV through a 50kW DC fast-charger can charge the batteries from 0 to 80% in just 50 mins.
The electric SUV also features three-levels of regenerative braking technology, which charges the batteries while braking that results in an increased driving range. The MG ZS EV is now available in 21 cities across the nation including Agra starting at INR 20.88 lakhs (ex-showroom Agra).
Thoughts About The MG ZS EV Long Distance Trial Run From Delhi To Agra
MG Motor India has completed the long-distance EV journey on its ZS EV electric-SUV. It will help boost the confidence of potential EV buyers in the country and help in making the shift to green mobility. The Indian Government and other brands selling EV products are looking to increase the charging infrastructure across the country, to support EV users.