- 5 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 11 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 13 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
MG Motor India has launched the ZS EV in the Indian market. The all-new MG ZS EV is the country's first pure-electric internet SUV and is also the brand's second product after the Hector. The MG ZS EV is offered in two variants with a starting price of Rs 20.88 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
MG Motors opened bookings for the ZS EV in India a while back. The electric SUV received an overwhelming response with 2,800 registered bookings within 27 days. The company announced that all customers who booked the ZS EV on or before the 17th of January 2020 will get special inaugural pricing starting at Rs 19.88 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Customers who book the electric SUV now will have to pay Rs 20.88 lakh for the base ‘Excite' and Rs 23.58 lakh for the top-spec ‘Exclusive'. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Deliveries for the MG ZS EV is said to begin soon, with the electric SUV being made available only in five cities initially. This includes Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad & Mumbai.
The MG ZS EV comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and connected car technology as well. Other features include digital instrument cluster, LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, keyless entry, push-button start/stop; to name a few.
We got to drive the MG ZS EV ahead of its launch recently and came out extremely impressed with the electric SUV and what it has to offer — read our detailed review here.
The MG ZS EV comes powered by a 3-phase permanent magnet mated to a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. It produces 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque and offers a maximum range of 340km on a single charge. MG also offers the ZS EV with a standard charging station complementary with the electric SUV, which will be set up at the customer's house.
MG will also set up fast-charging stations across the cities, which allows for a 0 - 80% charge in just an hours time. Along with this, select company dealerships will also have 50kW DC fast-charging stations as well.
Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India, stated:
"The ZS EV is a globally-successful product that operates at the intersection of an EV's sustainability, an SUV's practicality, and a sports car's performance. It comes with best-in-class features and tech capabilities at a compelling price point. We are confident that this unprecedented value proposition will incentivise more consumers across India to go electric. We will continue to strengthen the Indian EV landscape, as we offer the best of EV technology and act as the catalyst for the country's nascent EV market by providing a complete, end-to-end ecosystem."
Thoughts On The MG ZS EV In India
The MG ZS EV is the country's first pure-electric internet SUV and the second product from the British brand. The MG ZS EV rivals the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV in the Indian market.