- 6 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 12 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 14 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
MG Motor India unveiled the ZS all-electric just under a month ago, and the SUV seems to be a hit among buyers. The company has registered 2,800 bookings of the ZS EV in just under a month. The company however, plans to cater for only 2,409 bookings of the MG ZS electric SUV, for now.
The company claims that the 2,800 bookings they have registered, are more than the total sales of electric cars in India during 2019. MG Motor also disclosed that 40 per cent of the ZS electric SUVs were booked online, and the remainder 60 per cent came in via dealership and showroom sales.
The MG ZS electric vehicle will be available at Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Ahmedabad at the moment, and the company said that maximum bookings came from Bangalore, followed by Hyderabad.
Rajeev Chaba, the President and Managing Director at MG Motor India, said, "MG Motor India entered the EV space as a catalyst for the country's nascent EV revolution by providing a complete, end-to-end ecosystem."
"The overwhelming response that we have received for the ZS EV validates our faith and highlights how ready the consumer market is for a new-age EV proposition when provided with the best-in-class product and infrastructure. We are compelled to announce a temporary halt in bookings, and would like to thank our customers for their belief in the motto of #ChangeWhatYouCan," he added.
The MG ZS electric vehicle features the brand's signature omega shaped LED DRLs, projector headlamps with integrated turn signal indicators, a chrome-studded concave grille that houses the MG logo and the charging port under it.
Other features include an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system, push-button start and stop, tilt adjustable steering, a kinetic energy recovery system, and three driving modes among a host of other features.
The MG ZS EV features a three-phase permanent magnet motor and a 44.5kWh Lithium-ion battery that produces 141bhp of power and 353Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an automatic gearbox. To read an in-depth review of the MG ZS electric SUV, click here.
Thoughts About The MG ZS Electric SUV Registering 2,800 Units In Sales
This is good news for the Electric Auto Industry in the country. And the number show that MG is doing well in the electric markets as well. In fact so well, that the company has had to put a temporary stop to the bookings. We suspect they never expected this many bookings in the first place.