- 19 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift — All You Need To Know
- 20 hrs ago Next-gen Kia Sorento Revealed Ahead Of Debut At Geneva Motor Show
- 21 hrs ago Hero Splendor Plus BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 59,600 Ex-Showroom Delhi
- 22 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 BS6 Model Launched In India At Rs 77,900
- Movies Karan Johar Shuts Down Rumours Of Launching Suhana Khan with Asim Riaz in Student Of The Year 3
- News Shaheen Bagh interlocutors to meet today after Supreme Court order
- Lifestyle Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Kunal Khemmu, Riteish-Genelia And Neil-Rukmini Rocks The Ramp
- Sports Rajasthan Royals: IPL 2020 league schedule, squad, venue, timing and record
- Finance 5 UTI Debt Schemes SidePocketed: Here's What Will Happen To New & Current Investors
- Technology Google Station WiFi Program To Shut Down In India: Here's All You Need To Know
- Travel Maha Shivratri 2020: Ancient Shiva Temples In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
MG Motor India has announced today that they will be showcasing the future of mobility at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo. The company will also exhibit the latest technologies and advancements in the internet, electric & autonomous cars.
Speaking about the brand's presence at the 2020 Auto Expo, Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India, said, "MG Motor India is committed to accelerating the adoption of eco-friendly, next-generation mobility solutions over the long term in India. To achieve this goal, we aim to establish our technology leadership and further consolidate our position in the Indian automotive space".
However, MG will showcase a total of 14 models across hatchback, sedans and utility vehicle segments. Also, the carmaker will be participating for the first time at the Indian Auto Expo.
Rajeev further stated, "Our presence at this year's Auto Expo with a focus on future technologies for India is a testimony to this commitment. All MG products at the Expo operate at the intersection of our core focus on innovation, customer experience, and sustainability-led development."
MG is also all set to launch the MG ZS EV in India on January 27, 2020. This will be the second offering from the company's portfolio after the Hector. The electric vehicle, after launching will be available only in five cities: Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, and Mumbai.
The MG ZS EV will be offered in two variants: Excite & Exclusive. Powering the SUV will be the same 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery, paired to a 3-phase permanent magnet electric motor. The electric motor with the batteries produce 141bhp and 353Nm of torque, mated to an automatic transmission. MG has also claimed a maximum range of 340km on a single charge from the batteries. The ZS EV also comes with fast-charging technology as standard.
Thoughts On MG's Future Of Mobility
First of all, we are eagerly waiting for MG to launch the ZS EV that will lock horns with its only rival, the Hyundai Kona in India. And as far as the future of mobility goes, since every manufacturer is working in getting their best EV in the market, MG has leaped and will showcase a total of 14 models that will cover every segment.