- 2 min ago Tata Hexa BS6 XMA 4X4 Variant Spotted Testing In Pune: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 min ago TVS Sport BS6 Registers Highest Fuel-Efficiency Of 110.12km/l: Enters Asia Book Of Records
- 1 hr ago Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- 16 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- News Is India ready for war asks Swamy, demands white paper
- Movies Vijayakanth Tests Positive for COVID-19, Hospitalised: Reports
- Sports No need to criticise Pat Cummins, says Kolkata Knight Riders captain Dinesh Karthik
- Finance Banking Stocks Look Weak But Brokerages Are Bullish On This Private Bank
- Technology Google Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G Massive Leak; Launch Set For September 30
- Lifestyle Ankita Lokhande Or Erica Fernandes, Whose White Saree Is Prettier And Who Pulled It Off Better?
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
MG Motor India recently announced its sales report for the month of July 2020. The company has registered 2,105 units the previous month. The brand has seen an increase of over 40 per cent in sales as compared to the same month last year.
MG Motor India retailed 1,508 units during the same month in 2019. However, in comparison to the numbers from June 2020, the company has sold 93 units more in July. This translated to around 5 per cent increase in month-on-month sales.
Out of 2,105 units sold last month, the Hector and the recently launched Hector Plus SUV brought in a total of 2,023 units, which is about 96 per cent of overall sales. Remaining units are covered by the MG ZS EV electric-SUV. The ZS EV remains one among the most successful electric vehicle sold currently in the Indian market.
Rakesh Sidana, Director, Sales, MG Motor India, said, "The overall market environment continues to be challenging with uncertainties due to variable lockdowns in various phases. The component supplies continue to remain impacted especially from the Chennai region. However, despite these challenges, our production has remained at similar levels in July as compared to June 2020 and we expect the situation to improve during the festival season."
Indian automobile space is still recovering from the sales recession that started last year, which continued to this year as well. Adding to it is the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, which also put a stop for brands at a manufacturing level. As a result, any increase in the sales numbers is positive during these times.
The company recently launched its third product in the Indian market called the Hector Plus. The new SUV is essentially a three-row variant of the standard Hector SUV. The company has packed the recently launched SUV with a host of features including the largest panoramic sunroof in its class.
The Hector Plus borrows most of its design and features from the standard model including the powertrain options as well. It is offered in both petrol and diesel engine options with manual and automatic transmission options.
After its successful launch of the Hector Plus, MG Motor is gearing up to introduce its fourth product in the market, which will be another SUV. Called the Gloster, it was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. The full-size SUV will be positioned in the premium SUV segment that will rival the likes of Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour.
Thoughts About The MG Motor India Car Sales Report For July 2020
MG Motor entered the Indian market a year ago and has already launched three SUVs. The company aims to add more practical vehicles to its line-up, which will cater to the rising demand for SUVs in the Indian market. The upcoming Gloster SUV will the brand's flagship model when launched in the country.