- 13 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 15 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 16 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- News Rajasthan crisis: Sachin Pilot, his loyalists likely to skip second CLP meeting today, say Reports
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Notebook 14 Horizon Edition Review After One-Month Usage
- Finance Nifty Trades Lower, Banking Stocks Drop
- Sports West Indies were fuelled by power of Black Lives Matter movement: Darren Sammy
- Lifestyle A Suitable Boy Actress Rasika Dugal’s Party Outfits Will Help You Steal The Limelight
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
MG Motor India has announced that they have registered 710 units of sales in the month of May 2020. The triple-digit sales figures in the previous month are mainly due to the supply chain constraints faced by the brand, upon restarting production operations in the country.
The carmaker recently resumed operations at its Halol plant in Gujarat. The manufacturing facility is said to be currently working at just 30 per cent production capacity. MG Motor has also reopened sales and service operations across most parts of India, apart from those in the containment zones.
All the showrooms which have begun operations are working under reduced manpower, with all safety and social distancing protocols being adhered to strictly. Currently, only 65 per cent of the company's dealerships and service stations are said to be operational.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India, said,
"Supply chain disruption coupled with stricter credit financing along with non-operation of some dealerships due to the lockdown have impacted our sales in May. The production loss notwithstanding, our front-end retail operations continue to operate with less-than-normal staff strength."
"At these times, we remain connected with our customers waiting for delivery of the Hector and continue to prioritize deliveries with supply chain improvements in June. We hope to restore normalcy from July onwards. All of our vehicles' stocks across channels and dealership inventory are BS-VI units."
Apart from the restart of operations, MG Motor India recently also introduced ‘Phase 2' of its expansion plans in the Indian market. As part of these new plans, MG Motor will be introducing its electric SUV offering, the ZS EV in six new cities across the country from the beginning of June 2020. This includes Pune, Surat, Cochin, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Chennai — which expands the ZS EV's presence in 11 markets across India.
Thoughts About MG Motor Car Sales Report For May 2020
The lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic has had a major effect on vehicle sales in the country. Vehicle manufacturers predict the market will take a good couple of months to regain the demand and near-normalcy. MG Motor has however, confirmed to carry forward its plans of introducing two new models in the Indian market in the coming months.