- 10 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 11 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Movies Kavach 2 Actor Pranitaa Pandit And Husband Shivi Pandit Become Proud Parents Of A Baby Girl
- News Case against Congress leader for tweeting tampered image of PM Modi
- Sports ICC Board Meet: Nomination process, simple majority or 2/3rd on agenda
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
MG Motor India has announced its sales report for the month of June 2020. As per the reports, the company has registered total sales of 2,012 units in the previous month. This, although doesn't seem much, is still a drastic improvement compared to May 2020, when sales stood at just 710 units.
Of the total 2,012 units, the Hector SUV registered 1,867 units while the ZS EV sales stood at 145 units. The company stated that post the ease in lockdown regulations, they have witnessed increasing traction for both their products, with sales expected to normalise soon.
However, the company states that even though sales have improved compared to May 2020, MG Motor is still facing multiple issues with logistics and supply chain. These issues are currently being resolved very soon.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India said,
"Even though our sales performance in June 2020 was better than May this year, we continue to face headwinds in supply chain and logistics due to multiple issues. Our teams are doing their best to overcome these challenges and we are looking forward to the launch of the Hector Plus in July 2020."
MG Motor is currently working on introducing its third model in the Indian market, the Hector Plus. This new SUV is essentially an extended version of the five-seater Hector model, sold in the country. The new MG Hector Plus is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime this month (July) itself.
The new MG Hector Plus is now listed on the company website as well. The SUV has been spied testing on the streets of India on multiple occasions and once launched is said to take on the Toyota Innova Crysta MPV.
Thoughts On The MG Motor Sales Report For June 2020
MG Motor India has been witnessing a steady rise in demand for their models in the Indian market, since the end of May 2020. The company expects the sales trend to get back to near-normalcy in the coming months. The introduction of the Hector Plus model is further expected to help boost sales for the brand in the Indian market.