- 14 hrs ago Kia Sonet Interiors Spied With Flat Bottom Steering Wheel Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 15 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For March 2020: Bajaj Auto Registers A Massive 55% Decline In Domestic Sales
- 17 hrs ago Husqvarna Svartpilen & Vitpilen 401 Expected To Launch In India This Month
- 18 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For March 2020: Royal Enfield Registers A Massive Decline Amidst Lockdown
- Technology April Super Pink Moon 2020 To Be Brightest: How To Watch Celestial Event
- News 10 foreigners, who attended Nizamuddin event, tracked down in Bihar
- Movies Shilpa Shetty Writes A Heartfelt Note To Mumbaikars Amidst Coronavirus Lockdown
- Sports Bayern Munich hand Hansi Flick three-year deal
- Lifestyle Why Bats Themselves Don’t Get Infected By Viruses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
- Finance COVID-19: Beware Of Fake UPI IDs While Donating To PM-CARES Fund
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
MG Motor India recently announced that its first product, the Hector SUV, has received over 50,000 bookings in the Indian market last year. The company also announced that sales of the SUV are close to 20,000 units during the same period.
The MG Hector is the country's first ‘Internet Car' and was launched in mid-2019. The company since then has received an overwhelming response for the SUV. MG Motor is now said to be expanding operations in India to meet the demand for their products in the Indian market.
The company stated that it will increase its footprint in India very soon. MG Motor currently has 200 centres across the country, which is said to increase to 250 by the end of March 2020.
Apart from the Hector, MG Motors also introduced the ZS EV SUV in the Indian market recently and are scheduled to bring in their third model, the Gloster, to India sometime around Diwali this year.
Coming back to the MG Hector, the SUV was the first product from the brand in the Indian market. The MG Hector is offered in a total of 4 variants: Style, Super Smart and Sharp. All four variants are further available in a choice of three engine configurations.
This includes a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol with an optional 48V mild-hybrid technology producing 143bhp and 250Nm of peak torque and a 2.0-litre diesel churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. All engines are offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission; the petrol engine gets the optional automatic gearbox as well.
Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer - MG Motor India, stated:
"The Hector continues its strong momentum in the Indian market, crossing the 50,000-mark in terms of bookings received in just 8 months since its launch. We continue to accelerate this momentum by opening new brand outlets closer to our prospective customers in tier-I and tier-II cities."
Gaurav Gupta also mentioned about the upcoming 6-seater Hector Plus, stating:
"With plans to launch the Hector Plus 6-seater family version in Q3 2020, we aim to further strengthen the Hector brand in India."
Thoughts On The MG Hector Sales & Bookings
The MG Hector positioned in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment. Since its launch in the Indian market, the big-SUV has created quite a buzz and an overwhelming response. The MG Hector continues to rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass & the Hyundai Creta.