- 26 min ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 5 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- Finance Dividend On MFs Now Taxable: Where To Invest For Regular Income?
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapurramloo On Netflix; Netizens Slam Makers For Fooling Audience
- News Delhi HC allows Centre's impleadment in PIL for FIRs over hate speech by 3 BJP leaders
- Technology SpaceX Reschedules Dragon Cargo Mission Due To Technical Snag
- Sports El Clasico: Real Madrid and Barcelona gear up to make history
- Lifestyle Athiya Shetty, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Radhika Apte, And Malaika Arora Have Gown Goals For Us
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
MG Motor India has released its sales report for the month of December 2019. The MG Hector sales in the month of December 2019, stood at 3,021 units. This adds up to 15,930 units of the Hector sold in India, ever since its launch in the Indian market in July 2019.
Having said this, the sales of the MG Hector in the month of December 2019 is lower than its previous month's performance in the market. Compared to its December sales, the MG Hector had performed better in November and October with 3239 and 3536 units, respectively.
The MG Hector is the first product from the British brand in the Indian market. The car comes loaded with features, offers a strong bold appearance on the road and packs a powerful performance as well. The car was an instant hit at the time of launch, with MG at the receiving end of an overwhelming response for the SUV in India.
MG Motor India also announced the increase in production of the Hector SUV in November to meet the demands and reduce the long waiting periods. The MG Hector currently commands a waiting period of roughly three months, depending on the variant, colour and powertrain options chosen.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India, stated:
"As a new entrant in the Indian market, the robust sales momentum of our first offering, the Hector, has been very encouraging. We are working closely with our global and local suppliers to increase the production of the Hector in 2020 to support the booking backlog.
"In line with our focus on customer satisfaction, we are constantly evaluating the emerging demand for the Hector in newer markets across India. We are proactively setting up more service centres closer to our prospective customers to elevate their ownership experience with MG."
The company is also working on expanding its dealership network across the country. MG currently has around 150 centres across India, which is expected to be increased in a phase-wise manner to 250 outlets by the end of March 2020.
Apart from expanding the dealership networks, the British marquee is also working on introducing its second product, the ZS EV in the Indian market.
The new MG ZS EV is scheduled to go on sale in the country sometime this month. As the name suggests, the SUV will be an all-electric offering from the brand. We have already driven it — here are our thoughts.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Sales In India
The MG Hector is positioned in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. However, the Hector SUV has been priced competitively with a starting price of Rs 12.48 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) to take on most of its rivals in the segment. This includes the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier and the Hyundai Creta.