- 17 min ago MG Motors Unveils Advanced-Features List On Upcoming Gloster SUV: Bookings Now Open
- 2 hrs ago Tata Hexa BS6 XMA 4X4 Variant Spotted Testing In Pune: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago TVS Sport BS6 Registers Highest Fuel-Efficiency Of 110.12km/l: Enters Asia Book Of Records
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- News SC terms 'frivolous' PIL on rising suicides in IITs, imposes fine on lawyer
- Movies Saiee Manjrekar Joins The Cast Of Adivi Sesh’s Major; Actress Says ‘I Can’t Wait To Start Shooting’
- Technology Rocket League Available For Free On Epic Games Store; Offers $10 Free Coupon
- Finance TCS Slumps Over 5% On Speculations of Possible Stake Sale By Tata Group
- Sports UFC 253: Adesanya vs. Costa fight card, talking points, date, start time and where to watch
- Education KEAM Rank List 2020: How To Check Kerala KEAM 2020 Rank List For Engineering And Medical
- Lifestyle Sophie Choudry Is A Stunner And Her Gorgeous Pictures In Her Latest Pastel Lehenga Saree Is Proof!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
MG Motor India entered the Indian market roughly around this time last year and launched the much-awaited Hector SUV in the country. The Hector SUV instantly appealed to the India buyers as it offered a host of features and massive space.
Apart from the increased practicality, it was also one of the first vehicles in India to feature internet connectivity. The AI-assisted touchscreen infotainment system was the party-piece of the SUV.
According to recent reports, the company has now sold over 25,000 units of the Hector SUV in the Indian market since its launch. The new milestone has been achieved by the brand with just over a year.
While its primary rivals the Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500 were well established in the market, the MG Hector managed to outsell both SUVs by a significant margin. Another reason for its sales performance would be the inclusion of various powertrain options.
The MG Hector is offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel engine churns out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
Additionally, the petrol engine is also offered with a 48V mild-hybrid variant, which will offer better fuel efficiency and low-end grunt. All engine options are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, while the non-hybrid petrol engine is offered with an optional DCT transmission unit.
While most of its rivals currently remain a diesel-only option. This encouraged buyers in the segment to find an SUV to suit their needs along with the powertrain of their choosing.
Apart from the internet connectivity and powertrain options, the Hector also came packed with many nice-to-have features such as a fully-digital instrument console, a panoramic sunroof, climate control, a 360-degree camera, front parking sensors, ABS with EBD, multiple airbags and more.
During the month of April 2020, much like other manufactures, MG Motor India also registered zero sales due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent nation-wide lockdown.
However, the sales of the SUV seems to have picked up drastically, as it registered 672 unit in May and 1,867 units sold in June. The July sales reports for the SUV shows that it has registered 2,023 units sold, which also includes the recently launched Hector Plus SUV. Here is a detailed sales report of MG Motor India for the month of July 2020.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Sales Crossing 25,000 Milestone Mark
The MG Hector SUV is one among the most spacious SUV in the segment that also offers a host of features including a full-fledge AI-assisted system. Most Indian buyers look for practicality and features while making a purchase decision of an SUV. The Hector scores big on both those aspects.