- 47 min ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 1 hr ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- 4 hrs ago Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Provides Mobile Clinic Van Providing Medical Services To Villages
- News From Bollywood-style arrest to Kanpur encounter: How the events unfolded
- Technology Samsung Might Not Bundle Charger With Smartphones From 2021
- Movies Jaaved Jaaferi's Emotional Message For Fans Post Father Jagdeep's Demise: Thank You For Your Love
- Sports Prithvi Shaw special talent but needs to be more disciplined off the field: Wasim Jaffer
- Finance Mutual Fund Interest Is Slowing And It’s Worrisome
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor’s Statement Dresses Are Perfect For OOTD-worthy Moments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
MG Motor is all set to introduce its third product, the Hector Plus in the Indian market later this month. The new seven-seater iteration of the already popular Hector SUV is scheduled to go on sale in the coming weeks.
Ahead of its imminent launch, Autocar India has released spy pics of the MG Hector Plus undergoing testing. As per reports, the MG Hector Plus as seen in the picture is said to be undergoing a benchmarking test against the Toyota Innova Crysta.
This indicates that MG Motor could be looking to target the audience of the popular Innova Crysta MPV in the Indian market with the Hector Plus.
Ideally, the MG Hector Plus should rival the likes of other seven-seater SUVs in the Indian market, such as the Ford Endeavour, Mahindra XUV500 and the upcoming Tata Gravitas. However, MG Motor feels that Hector Plus will be able to take on the popular Toyota MPV in the Indian market.
However, MG Hector Plus is expected to come with a host of features and a more powerful engine, which when combined with the aggressive pricing is expected to work in MG Motor's favour.
Starting off with the engine, the MG Hector Plus will carry forward the same 2.0-litre diesel unit from its five-seater version. The engine churns out 170bhp and 350Nm of peak torque, which is higher compared to that of the Toyota Innova Crysta. The popular MPV is powered by a 2.4-litre diesel unit producing 150bhp and 353Nm of torque.
The second is the interiors of the MG Hector Plus, which is expected to come loaded with features. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's iSmart connected technology,360-degree camera, panoramic sunroof, individual captain seats with premium upholstery and a host of others carried forward from its five-seater sibling.
MG Hector Plus is expected to be priced in the range of around Rs 16 - Rs 18 lakh, ex-showroom. This will make it more affordable than the Toyota Innova Crysta, whose top-spec 7-seater variants are priced at around Rs 21 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Plus In India
Following the success of the Hector in the India market, MG Motor has big plans for its upcoming seven-seater SUV. With its launch expected in the coming weeks, it will be interesting to see how the brand positions the Hector Plus in the Indian market, keeping in mind, they also have the Gloster MPV coming in later this year.