- 13 min ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 49 min ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 58 min ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- 1 hr ago Best-Selling Cars In India For July 2020: Maruti Alto Retains Its Top-Selling Car Title Yet Again!
- Sports Jonathan Trott appointed England batting coach for Pakistan series
- Movies Rishi Kapoor Was Certain Mulk Would Get Banned By The Censor Board, Recalls Anubhav Sinha
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- News Viral: Man finds dead lizard in bowl of sambar; FIR registered against Delhi restaurant
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Samsung Galaxy M31s: OnePlus Nord, Oppo Reno4 And More
- Finance Spencer's Retail Rights Issue Opens On 4 August: Details Here
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
MG Motor will be launching its third product offering, the Hector Plus in the Indian market. According to Carwale, the six-seater SUV will be launching on July 13, 2020. The company has started to accept bookings ahead of launch for a token amount of Rs 50,000.
Along with the announcement of bookings being accepted, the company has officially revealed the complete features and variant details of the upcoming SUV. The Hector Plus will be offered with three engine options: diesel, petrol and petrol-hybrid.
The petrol variant will be offered in two trims ‘Smart' and ‘Sharp', while the petrol hybrid variant is offered exclusively in the ‘Sharp' trim. The diesel model will be available in three trims: ‘Super', ‘Smart' and ‘Sharp'.
The Hector Plus models also started to arrive at dealerships ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The company is offering a total of six paint schemes including an exclusive colour scheme called the Starry Sky Blue.
Apart from the exclusive colour schemes, other subtle changes are made to the upcoming SUV to tell it apart from the standard Hector. This includes a 40mm increase in overall length to accommodate another row of seating and the needed legroom.
It has also undergone a couple of a design revision as compared to the standard Hector model. This includes slightly revised front and rear bumpers, updated scuff plates, and a redesigned rear profile that will help the Hector Plus stand apart. Also, the light bar running across the boot-lid on the standard model has not been carried forward on the Hector Plus.
On the inside, the Hector Plus features seating for six occupants a 10.5-inch the vertically-mounted large touchscreen infotainment display, the semi-digital instrument cluster with a seven-inch screen, a panoramic sunroof, the ‘iSmart' connected technology and a host of new features.
The Hector Plus will also borrow the powertrain from the standard model. This includes a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. Additionally, the petrol engine is also offered with an optional 48V mild-hybrid system.
The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque, while the 2.0-litre oil-burner produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional seven-speed DCT offered with the standard petrol engine.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Plus Launching In India On July 13
MG Motor is gunning to rival the Toyota Innova Crysta with the upcoming Hector Plus SUV in the market. The Hector Plus comes packed with features and can take in more occupants offering better practicality. The Toyota Innova Crysta has a proven track record in sales since its launch in the country.