- 9 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 11 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports Learn guitar, play some cards to maintain bio-secure bubble: Lee tells IPL-bound players
- Movies Disha Salian Death: DCP Thakur Says Her Body Was Not Found Naked, Last Phone Call Was To A Friend
- News 11 members of Pak Hindu migrant family found dead in Jodhpur
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
MG Motor India has launched its all-new Hector Plus SUV in the Indian market. The new six-seater Hector Plus SUV from Morris Garages is the brand's third and latest model in the country. The MG Hector Plus is offered with an introductory starting price of Rs 13.48 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The MG Hector Plus is offered in a range of four variants: Style, Super, Smart & Sharp. All four variants are offered with both petrol and diesel engine options as well. The top-spec ‘Sharp' trim powered by the diesel engine is offered with a price of Rs 18.53 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
MG Motor started accepting bookings for the Hector Plus in the Indian market, well before its launch for an amount of Rs 50,000. Deliveries for the same are expected to begin shortly.
Rajeev Chaba, President and Managing Director, MG Motor India said,
"We entered the Indian automobile market in 2019 with MG Hector. Our vision has been to touch the lives of car owners in India by offering them the world's best technology including connected mobility. The launch of MG Hector Plus is a new milestone in our journey that is committed to serving customers with the top-notch products and services."
"The 6-seater internet SUV is a blend of luxury and comfort aided by technology to provide the perfect family moments to all our customers."
The MG Hector Plus is essentially an extended version of the five-seater Hector, which was introduced in India last year. The Hector Plus does, however, come with a number of updates and revisions which help the new SUV differentiate between the five-seater model.
Starting off with the exteriors, the MG Hector Plus comes with an updated design at the front. This includes a revised set of LED DRLs, LED headlamps, new front grille, redesigned front and rear bumpers and updated set of LED taillights as well. The MG Hector Plus also features a slightly revised set of alloy wheel design as well.
The new MG Hector Plus will initially be offered with a six-seater configuration. This includes individual captain seats in the middle and bench seats in the third-row. Other features on the interiors also include a 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's latest i-Smart connected technology, which now comes with a new ‘Chit-Chat' functionality as well.
The touchscreen infotainment system also comes with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and WiFi connectivity. Other features also include a panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, large MID at the instrument cluster, ambient lighting, steering-mounted controls and a host of other features as well.
The MG Hector Plus will be offered in two engine options: 1.5-litre turbo petrol and 2.0-litre diesel unit. The turbo-petrol engine produces 140bhp and 250Nm of peak torque while the diesel unit churns out 170bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a six-speed manual, with the petrol engine receiving the optional seven-speed DCT automatic unit as well.
The MG Hector Plus is offered in a range of six colour options: Starry Black, Starry Sky Blue, Burgundy Red, Glaze Red, Aurora Silver and Candy White.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Plus India Launch
The MG Hector Plus is a six-seater SUV, ideally rivalling the likes of the soon-to-be-launched Tata Gravitas. However, MG Motor states that in the Indian market, the Hector Plus will directly compete against the Toyota Innova Crysta MPV.