- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- Movies Mani Ratnam To Resume Ponniyin Selvan Shoot In September 2020?
- News Nepal PM wishes Amitabh Bachchan, son speedy recovery from COVID-19
- Finance RIL's New Deal: Qualcomm To Invest Rs 730 Crore In Jio Platforms
- Technology Vivo X50, X50 Pro India Launch Confirmed On July 16: What To Expect
- Sports Sprinter Hima Das does cycling and plays cricket to keep fit, not worried about qualifying for Tokyo Olympics
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The MG Hector Plus has started to arrive at dealerships ahead of its launch next month. The soon-to-be-launched-SUV is an extended three-row seating variant of the standard Hector model that is currently on sale in the market.
Images from AutoWheels India reveal a beige colour Hector Plus SUV displayed next to the standard hector model at a showroom. The images also reveal few changes such as the absence of a light bar on the boot-lid and a host of trims that are finished in a black paint scheme.
The company is expected to add new colour options that are exclusive to the Hector Plus model. This includes a new paint scheme called the ‘Starry Sky Blue' and now the images reveal a beige colour scheme as well. Other exclusive colour options will be revealed at the time of launch.
Moving to the difference in design between both the models, the Hector Plus now features new headlamp design, slightly revised front and rear bumpers, updated scuff plates, and a redesigned rear profile that will help the Hector Plus stand apart from its five-seater sibling. Other external features on the upcoming SUV are expected to be borrowed from the Hector.
The Hector Plus SUV will feature more space on the inside because of its increased length over the standard model. It features a 40mm increase in overall length to accommodate another row of seating and the needed legroom. However, the wheelbase is the same as the standard model. The SUV is expected to be offered in two seating configurations: a seven-seater or a six-seater variant with the latter having captain seats in the middle-row.
Apart from the additional seats, the rest of the features and equipment on the Hector Plus are expected to be borrowed from the five-seater SUV. This includes Interiors trims such as the dashboard layout, the large touchscreen infotainment display, the semi-digital instrument cluster with a seven-inch screen, a panoramic sunroof and the brand's ‘iSmart' connected technology as well.
MG Motor is expected to offer the same set of powertrain options on the Hector Plus that are powering the standard model. This includes a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque, while the 2.0-litre oil-burner produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional seven-speed DCT offered with the petrol variants. Additionally, the petrol engine is also offered with an optional 48V mild-hybrid system.
MG Motor seems to be targeting the Toyota Innova Crysta with the upcoming Hector Plus SUV in the Indian market. The Toyota Innova Crysta has a proven track record in sales since its launch in the country. However, MG aims to take a chunk of sales from the Japanese MPV by launching the Hector Plus in India. The company is expected to launch the SUV in the coming month — here are more details.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Plus Arriving At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch Next Month
The soon-to-be-launched MG Hector Plus is one among the host of models that were showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo by the company. It is also the brand's third model which will be launching in the Indian market, after the MG Hector and the MG ZS EV. The SUV is expected to come packed with a host of features and also offer a premium feel to the interiors to rival the likes of Toyota Innova Crysta.