- 3 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- 4 hrs ago Demand For Kids Helmet On The Rise In Bangalore: Here’s Why!
- 5 hrs ago New Hyundai i20 Mileage Figures Revealed: Which Is The Most Fuel-Efficient Variant?
- News Explained: What does Indian Army’s latest software Infrastructure Management System do
- Technology PlayStation Plus Collection: Everything You Need To Know
- Lifestyle Genelia Deshmukh’s Red Printed Pantsuit Is What You Must Add To Your Office Wardrobe Right Away!
- Finance How Will The US Presidential Elections Impact Your Investments?
- Movies Virat Kohli Makes Sure Anushka Sharma Is Eating Properly Through Hand Gestures; Video Goes Viral
- Sports Alfa Romeo to remain on Formula One grid for 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
MG Motors India has launched the Hector dual-tone paint scheme in the Indian market. Prices for the SUV start at Rs 16.84 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The company is offering the new dual-tone paint scheme in two colour options.
Called the ‘Glaze Red' and ‘Candy White' are the two colour options that are added to the colour palette of the SUV. These new paint schemes are only available on the range-topping Sharp trim only. However, it is being offered in both petrol and diesel models of the Hector SUV.
Apart from a blacked-out roof, both paint schemes feature a host of trims pieces that are blacked-out as well. This includes the pillars and the ORVMs. It adds to the sportiness of the SUV with contrasting looks.
|1.5 Petrol-Hybrid||₹16.84 Lakh|
|1.5 Petrol DCT||₹17.75 Lakh|
|1.5 Diesel MT||₹18.08 Lakh|
The dual-tone paint scheme attracts Rs 20,000 premium over standard paint scheme. Apart from the new paint scheme, no other changes have been made to the SUV by the company.
The MG Hector SUV is offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel engine churns out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The petrol engine is also offered with a 48V mild-hybrid variant, which offers better fuel efficiency and low-end grunt. All engine options come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, while the non-hybrid petrol engine is offered with an optional DCT transmission unit.
The Hector also features the brand's ‘i-Smart' internet connectivity with a 10.4-inch vertically oriented touchscreen infotainment system that mimics the layout of a smartphone. With internet connectivity, owners can control various aspects of the SUV through a smartphone application. This includes AC, sunroof, tailgate and door operations.
The Hector SUV is also the country's first AI-enabled vehicle. Owners can speak to the onboard voice assistant to control the SUV, with over 100 voice commands enabled. The SUV also features geo-fencing, emergency call assistance, a button to contact a call centre for general assistance and a premium Gaana account preloaded offering a wide variety of music to choose from.
The safety net on the SUV includes six airbags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Traction Control System (TCS), 360-degree camera, front parking sensors, ABS with EBD and more.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Dual-Tone Variant Launched in India
MG Motor India aims to boost sales of the Hector SUV by providing a new dual-tone colour scheme during the ongoing festive season in the country. The new paint scheme makes the SUV look sportier over the standard model with a blacked-out exterior. The Hector rivals the Tata Harrier and the Jeep Compass; among other in the Indian market.