- 13 min ago Norton Motorcycles India Launch Confirmed: Four Norton Motorcycles Trademarked In India
- 13 min ago Here MotoCorp Expected To Launch Its First Electric Two-Wheeler Early Next Year
- 41 min ago Toyota Extends Warranty, Free Service Period & Pre-Paid Service Packages Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- 2 hrs ago CFMoto 650NK BS6 Bookings Start Ahead Of India Launch: Expected To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- Sports Conor McGregor stands with India in their fight against COVID-19
- Movies Sidharth Shukla's Latest Gesture For A Fan's COVID-19 Positive Mother Will Melt Your Heart
- Finance Gold @Rs 47,000? Should You Buy, Sell or Hold?
- News Journos must be treated as frontline staff for COVID-19 vaccination: Devendra Fadnavis
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Adds 0.65 Million Customers, Jio Beats Airtel In February: TRAI
- Education SBI Admit Card 2021 Released For Pharmacist And Data Analyst Posts
- Lifestyle COVID-19 Vaccination: Daisy Shah Dolls Up In Blush-Pink Co-ord Set As She Steps Out To Get Her First Dose
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
MG Motors launched the Hector last year in the Indian market. Since then the SUV has gained a lot of popularity and has been selling in good numbers. MG had already upgraded the petrol variant of the Hector to meet the BS6 norms, but at that time the diesel variant was still a BS4.
We were hoping that the company would upgrade the diesel variant and finally MG did it. Now, the Hector Diesel will be available in the BS6 variant. Moreover, there have been no changes done to the SUV except the engine upgrade. The prices of the BS6 MG Hector diesel starts at Rs 13.88 lakh for the base Style variant and goes all the way up to Rs 17.73 lakh for the top-end Sharp trim.
Powering the BS6 variant remains the same 2.0-litre Fiat-sourced diesel engine which continues to pump out 168.4bhp of power and 350Nm of peak torque (figures same as the BS4 motor). The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox only.
On the outside, the SUV remains unchanged and gets features like a massive chrome grille with the ‘MG' Logo, dual-headlamp clusters, with the LED DRLs ( also acts as dynamic turn indicators) on top and the main LED light cluster down on the bumpers. The front bumper also houses scuff plates and a large air-intake at the centre as well. It also gets 17-inch dual-tone diamond-cut alloy wheels, LED wraparound tail lights which get integrated dynamic LED turn indicators.
Moving to the interiors, the MG Hector is offered with an eye-catching 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which is vertically-stacked. The car also gets built-in navigations, smartphone connectivity, climate controls and the MG's I-Smart technology as well. There is an e-sim embedded inside, providing the Hector, internet connection on the go.
Thoughts On The BS6 Hector Diesel
The Hector is a fully loaded stylish SUV. People chose the diesel variant as the SUV as it gives a brilliant mileage of around 17 to 19 km/l despite its size. Well, now as the BS6 diesel variant is out, the Hector will be seeing good sale numbers.