- 2 hrs ago BMW M1000 RR Unveiled: First Motorcycle From The Brand’s M Divison
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet GTX+ Variant Prices Revealed: Range-Topping Petrol & Diesel Trims Offered At Rs 12.89 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago MG Motors Unveils Advanced-Features List On Upcoming Gloster SUV: Bookings Now Open
- 6 hrs ago Tata Hexa BS6 XMA 4X4 Variant Spotted Testing In Pune: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology How To Buy New Vodafone-Idea SIM Via MyVi Application
- Movies Meghana Raj Rubbishes Reports Of Giving Birth To Twins; Calls It Fake
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Health Benefits Of Nutmeg Jaiphal
- News Sushant Singh Rajput case: Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan leave from Goa, to arrive in Mumbai
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs RCB, Match 6 Updates: Punjab look to bounce back from Super Over hangover
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
- Education KEAM 2020 Topper Marks And List For Engineering And Pharmacy
- Finance Gold Prices In India Drop On Weak Global Sentiments
MG Motor India has released the first official teaser of its upcoming premium SUV, the Gloster. The new MG Gloster was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, earlier this year and is expected to go on sale in India in the coming months.
Once introduced in the Indian market, the MG Gloster will be positioned in the premium SUV segment, rivaling the likes of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Land Cruiser Prado and the Volvo XC 90 models.
The MG Gloster features a proper SUV stance with a bold grille up front, large windows, flared wheel arches and an extremely dominating design, which will definitely command a massive road presence. This is further accentuated by its large proportions, with its length measuring over 5 metres and width coming in just under 2 metres.
The MG Gloster will also be the brand's latest flagship SUV once launched, positioned above the Hector Plus in the lineup. The premium seven-seater SUV offering comes with a tagline ‘Next-Gen Automotive Technology', indicating that the Gloster will come packed with features, tech and a host of other equipment as well.
Some of these technologies can be seen in the video teaser as well, including parking assist, auto braking and collision avoidance system, among a few others.
Other standard comfort and convenience features on the Gloster, also includes 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 8-inch MID, three-zone climate control, heated & ventilated front seats, 360-degree camera, hill-hold and descent control, traction control, ABS with EBD, cruise control, tyre-pressure monitoring system and many more.
The MG Gloster coming to India is essentially a rebadged version of the Maxus D90, on sale in the Chinese market. The premium SUV is expected to carry forward the same engine from the D90 SUV to the Indian market.
This comes in the form of a 2.0-litre twin-turbocharged diesel engine producing 218bhp and 480Nm of peak torque. The engine is offered with both manual and automatic transmissions, however, the gearbox options are yet to be confirmed for the Indian market.
Thoughts On The MG Gloster Teaser Video Released
The MG Gloster will be the brand's latest flagship offering for the Indian market. The SUV is said to be a premium alternative to the likes of the Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner in the Indian market.