- 7 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer Range To Recieve New Colours: Teaser Released
- 11 hrs ago Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For August 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Take Top Honours
- News IHCL & AB INBEV launch 7Rivers BREWPUB at Taj MG Road, Bengaluru
- Sports IPL 2020: Skipper MS Dhoni says 'Chennai Super Kings lacking a bit of steam in the batting department'
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Movies Mohanlal Joins The Sets Of Drishyam 2: George Kutty To Get A New Look?
- Finance 7 Stocks That Moved The Most On September 25, 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A72 Tipped To Be In Works; Might Offer Penta-Lens Setup
- Lifestyle Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
MG Motor India will be launching its fourth SUV in the Indian market called the Gloster. The premium SUV is expected to arrive in the market sometime during the festive season this year. Ahead of its launch, a production-ready model of the Gloster has been spied testing.
Spy images posted by the_spy_autonews reveals a test mule without any camouflage and features a grey paint scheme. The images also reveal the SUV to have a six-spoke alloy wheel along with quad exhaust pipes.
The company showcased the Gloster SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its launch revealing few of its design and features. It is based on the Maxus D90 SUV which is sold in the international markets.
The SUV showcased at the expo only revealed a few of the exterior design elements. It includes a large front grille finished in chrome, LED headlights with integrated DRLs, LED tail lamps, sidestep for easy ingress and egress, roof rails, and the ‘GLOSTER' moniker place across the boot lid; among others.
On the Inside, the SUV is expected to come feature-packed. This includes a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and added number of voice commands to operate various features of the car.
It will also feature a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, wireless charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, and lane change assist; among others.
The company recently released a teaser video, which showcases the Gloster's high-end driver assisted systems. These include parking assist, auto braking and collision avoidance system, among a few others — here are more details.
The SUV will be built on a ladder frame chassis and is expected to be offered in a single seven-seater configuration. The company is expected to offer the Gloster with a single-engine option.
It will be powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine producing 216bhp and 480Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a manual gearbox with an optional automatic transmission expected to introduce at a later date.
According to earlier reports, MG is expected to be locally assembly the Gloster at the company's facility in Gujurat. It will help the brand to price the SUV aggressively as CKD units attract fewer import taxes as compared to CBUs.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Production Ready Model Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch
The MG Gloster SUV will be placed above the Hector Plus SUV. It will be the brand's flagship model when launched in the country. As a result, the company is giving its flagship SUV a host of features including connected technology, premium luxury interiors, active and passive safety technologies. With a production-ready model being spotted, the launch of the SUV could happen soon in India.