- 1 hr ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 1 hr ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- 3 hrs ago Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW M1000 RR Unveiled: First Motorcycle From The Brand’s M Divison
- Movies Preity Zinta And Chris Gayle Click Selfie As Glenn Maxwell Plays Light-Boy; Photo Goes Viral
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai coach Fleming opens up about Dhoni batting down the order
- Finance 3 Govt Insurance Schemes Linked To Your Bank Account That You Should Know
- News SC to take up on September 28 plea seeking postponement of UPSC exams
- Lifestyle 6 Lesser-Known Health Benefits Of Juniper Berries
- Technology Airtel Offering Xstream Box With Its Broadband Plans: Here's How
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
- Education KEAM 2020 Topper Marks And List For Engineering And Pharmacy
MG Motor is gearing up to launch its fourth product in the Indian market called the Gloster. However, the Gloster will be placed much higher in the price bracket compared to the other three products. We expect the Gloster to launch sometime during the festive season this year. MG showcased the Gloster for the first time at the 2020 Auto Expo.
Earlier, the MG Gloster has been spotted testing quite a few times on the Indian Roads. However, according to the latest images snapped by CarandBike, the SUV has been spotted testing once again without wraps, revealing quite a few details. The upcoming SUV is based on the Maxus D90 SUV that is currently being sold in the international markets.
As seen in the spy images, the Gloster receives quad exhaust pipes which have replaced the twin exhaust set up as seen during the Expo. However, the rest of the SUV remains almost identical to the one seen at the Expo. At the front, the Gloster gets a large octagonal-shaped chrome grille with an MG badge placed in the middle. It will also get the twin-pod headlamps, fog lamps placed on the bumper surrounded by chrome trim, bold window line finished in chrome, front scuff plates, sidestep and a large six-spoke alloy wheel.
The MG Gloster will be one of the biggest offerings in its segment with a length of 5,005 mm, 1,932 mm width and 1,875 mm height. On the Inside, the SUV is expected to get leather upholstery offering a premium looking and feel to the cabin. The highlighted feature on the SUV will include a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto along with the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and added number of voice commands.
Other expected features will be three-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, ventilated seats, wireless phone charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, lane change assist and many more.
Mechanically, the Gloster is expected to be offered with a single-engine 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine option. The unit is capable of producing 220bhp of power and 480Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a manual gearbox as standard. However, an optional automatic transmission could be offered at a later date.
Thoughts About The Upcoming MG Gloster
As we mentioned above, the Gloster will be placed much higher in the price bracket compared to the other three products in the lineup. Once launched, the Gloster will go up against the likes of the Ford Endeavour, the Toyota Fortuner, the Skoda Kodiaq and the Mahindra Alturas G4 in India.