- 1 hr ago Groupe PSA Announces The Launch Of Eurorepar Products In India: Will Be Available Through GoMechanic
- 1 hr ago Honda H’Ness CB 350 Unveiled Globally In India: A New Roadster Motorcycle From The Brand
- 3 hrs ago Pininfarina To Design New Ford SUVs For India: Read More To Find Out
- 3 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival KTM Duke 390 & Adventure 390
- Movies Teejay Sidhu Opens Up On Being Shamed As 'Too Skinny' During Pregnancy
- News Indian women spend 5 hours a day on domestic work, while men 1.3 hour: Survey
- Finance TCS/TDS Changes From 1 October
- Lifestyle Isabelle Kaif Inspires Us To Spruce Up Our Wardrobe With A Basic Comfortable Dress
- Sports Inaugural Lanka Premier League postponed to November 21
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 India Launch Set For October 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
MG Motor is gearing up to launch its fourth product in the Indian market called the Gloster. However, the Gloster will be placed much higher in the price bracket compared to the other three products. We expect the Gloster to launch sometime during the festive season this year. MG showcased the Gloster for the first time at the 2020 Auto Expo.
Earlier, the MG Gloster has been spotted testing quite a few times on the Indian Roads. However, according to the latest images snapped by CarandBike, the SUV has been spotted testing once again without wraps, revealing quite a few details. The upcoming SUV is based on the Maxus D90 SUV that is currently being sold in the international markets.
As seen in the spy images, the Gloster receives quad exhaust pipes which have replaced the twin exhaust set up as seen during the Expo. However, the rest of the SUV remains almost identical to the one seen at the Expo. At the front, the Gloster gets a large octagonal-shaped chrome grille with an MG badge placed in the middle. It will also get the twin-pod headlamps, fog lamps placed on the bumper surrounded by chrome trim, bold window line finished in chrome, front scuff plates, sidestep and a large six-spoke alloy wheel.
The MG Gloster will be one of the biggest offerings in its segment with a length of 5,005 mm, 1,932 mm width and 1,875 mm height. On the Inside, the SUV is expected to get leather upholstery offering a premium looking and feel to the cabin. The highlighted feature on the SUV will include a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto along with the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and added number of voice commands.
Other expected features will be three-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, ventilated seats, wireless phone charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, lane change assist and many more.
Mechanically, the Gloster is expected to be offered with a single-engine 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine option. The unit is capable of producing 220bhp of power and 480Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a manual gearbox as standard. However, an optional automatic transmission could be offered at a later date.
Thoughts About The Upcoming MG Gloster
As we mentioned above, the Gloster will be placed much higher in the price bracket compared to the other three products in the lineup. Once launched, the Gloster will go up against the likes of the Ford Endeavour, the Toyota Fortuner, the Skoda Kodiaq and the Mahindra Alturas G4 in India.