- 8 hrs ago New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Actively In Search Of New Partners In Passenger Vehicle Segment: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz India Sales Registers New Record This Festive Season: Here Are The Details
- 13 hrs ago New Bajaj CT100 ‘Kadak’ Motorcycle Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 46,432
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- News NASA confirms presence of water on sunlit surface of moon
- Sports Kind of toughness Mandeep has shown has rubbed on to others: KXIP skipper KL Rahul
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Lifestyle Are You Making These Hair Oiling Mistakes?
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
MG Motors India has released yet another video of the upcoming Gloster SUV in India. This time around the teaser video showcases the off-road capabilities of the Gloster premium SUV. The large SUV has been driven on various rough terrains in the video.
The Gloster features an on-demand four-wheel-drive system along with multiple drive modes such as Rock, Sand, Mud, Snow etc. The driver of the Gloster starts on a loose surface by sliding the SUV in a corner.
It is then driven on an obstacle course where one of four wheels are always up in the air, which showcases the SUV's rigidity. The driver then uses the intelligent four-wheel drive modes to climb up a gradient filled with rocks.
The drive mode is then changed to Mud to help tackle the mucky terrain. After some mud bashing, the Gloster then wades water with significant depth. In the end, the Gloster is driven on Sand surface by switching to the appropriate driving mode.
The teaser video also reveals the Brit Dynamics badge that is placed behind its front wheel arches. The Brit Dynamic is the brand's exclusive set of standards that emphasizes on the British engineering of the vehicle. It covers various aspects of the vehicle categorised into four sections: Performance, Handling, Design and Safety.
Vehicles with the Brit Dynamic badge are powered by turbocharged engines and features Stabilizer bar at both ends supporting the exceptional handling characteristics. It will also be designed to keep the body as aerodynamic as possible along with state-of-the-art safety features such as ABS with EBD, Curve Brake Control, Traction Control and more.
The company recently released a teaser video, which showcases the Gloster's high-end driver-assisted Level 1 autonomous system. The SUV features Adaptive Cruise Control, which will maintain a set distance from the vehicle at the front.
The Level 1 autonomous driver assisted system on the Gloster also features Auto Park Assist. A teaser video posted by the company showcases, the driver engaging the auto-park feature to successfully parks the large Gloster SUV with no steering inputs.
Along with Auto Park Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control, the Gloster will feature other active and passive safety systems such as auto-braking, collision avoidance system and more. These features are part of the brand's (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems technology.
The Gloster SUV will be powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine producing 215bhp and 480Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF.
The company could also bring the single turbocharged diesel unit that is currently available with the SUV sold in international markets. According to the company, the upcoming Gloster is expected to be priced between Rs 40 lakh and Rs 45 lakh.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Off-Road Capabilities Showcased Ahead Of Launch
The MG Gloster is a large SUV with three-row seating. However, it is powered by a twin-turbo diesel engine with adequate ground clearance making it a go-anywhere vehicle. The Teaser video showcases exactly that by tackling some of the toughest terrains off-road by using the brand's selectable drive mode and intelligent four-wheel-drive system.