- 20 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 54 min ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK vs KKR, Match 49 updates: Kolkata Knight Riders face Chennai Super Kings
- Movies Ali Asgar & Charu Asopa's Akbar Ka Bal Birbal Ends Abruptly; The Actress Says They Are All Shocked
- Lifestyle Bigg Boss 14 Wild Card Entrants Naina Singh And Kavita Kaushik Sizzle In Gown, Who Looked Better?
- Finance Cabinet Hikes Ethanol Prices, To Benefit Sugarcane Farmers, Sugar Stocks
- Education TNAU Rank List 2020: Check Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Rank List 2020 At tnau.ac.in
- News Cabinet approves mechanism for procurement of ethanol
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
MG Motor India is preparing for its biggest launch of the year 2020 with the Gloster SUV. It will be arriving during Diwali (November) festival in the Indian market. The Gloster will be placed in the premium luxury SUV segment and will the brand's flagship model.
According to the latest reports from Autocar India, the Gloster SUV will be powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine producing 215bhp and 480Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF.
It will also be offered with an on-demand four-wheel-drive system. It is also expected to have the brand's terrain response system along with multiple driving modes as well.
The upcoming Gloster SUV was revealed at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its launch in the Indian market. It is based on the Maxus D90 SUV which is sold in the international markets.
Along with the twin-turbo diesel engine, the Maxus D90 is offered with a 2.0-litre petrol engine options as well. The turbo-petrol engine produces 211bhp and 350Nm of torque. It comes mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic gearbox. However, the company will not be bringing the petrol engine with the India-spec models during the time of launch.
The company recently released a teaser video, which showcases the Gloster's high-end driver-assisted Level 1 autonomous system. In the teaser video, the driver successfully parks the large Gloster SUV using the Auto Park Assist with very little effort — here are more details.
The Gloster will feature the brand's (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, which was revealed in a teaser video recently. This will include active and passive safety features such as parking assist, auto braking, collision avoidance system and more.
The SUV will feature a large front grille finished in chrome, LED headlights with integrated DRLs, LED tail lamps, sidestep for easy ingress and egress, roof rails, and the bold ‘GLOSTER' moniker place across the boot lid; among others.
Interiors of the Gloster will be peppered with a host of features. This includes a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and added number of voice commands to operate various features of the car.
It will also feature a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, wireless charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, and lane change assist; among others. It could arrive in a single seven-seater configuration.
The MG Gloster feature body-on-frame architecture much like the Ford Endeavour, the Toyota Fortuner and the Mahindra Alturas G4. However, according to the company, the Gloster will feature advanced technology and feature that and will pit it against the more expensive models such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Land Cruiser Prado and the Volvo XC 90.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Engine Specs Revealed Ahead Of Launch
The MG Gloster will feature a powerful engine, Level 1 autonomous driving technology along with a host of driver-assisted systems and packed with convenient features. The Gloster will be launched during Diwali aiming for a good start and boost sales for the company.